IGNORED

Touratech Bars & ELF Pegs?

WBoyter

I'm trying to get a feel for what crash bar options I have, and am leaning towards the Touratech set. The question is, will they allow enough space for my ELF pegs (which I MUST have)?

I'm trying to get a feel for what crash bar options I have, and am leaning towards the Touratech set. The question is, will they allow enough space for my ELF pegs (which I MUST have)?

NO.. Not as installed.. The right side almost clears, but teh left ELF peg binds fairly hard against the crash bar side rail.. I may end up taking the tourtech bars off, as the Elf pegs are worth more in the long haul..

i had elf pegs and wunderlich bars and they worked fine but i didnt like the elf pegs so i just bolted a set of kuryakyn highway pegs to the crash bars and it worked fine.

Mike sent me an email, then posted close, up-front pictures of his Touratech. It's a no-go.

Sooo, I went ahead and ordered the Wunderlich bars. Too bad they had just sold off the last of the scratched and scuffed sets. Now I've just got to get 'em, powder coat 'em, and spend a few hours cursing 'em as I put them on!

Rocket_Cowboy
Mike sent me an email, then posted close, up-front pictures of his Touratech. It's a no-go.

Sooo, I went ahead and ordered the Wunderlich bars. Too bad they had just sold off the last of the scratched and scuffed sets. Now I've just got to get 'em, powder coat 'em, and spend a few hours cursing 'em as I put them on!

W ... let me know when you get them in. I'd be happy to help you bolt 'em up. I've at least kicked any cursed at mine enough to maybe help reduce the amount of cursing you need to do at yours. smile.gif

I just got my Wunderlich set in this afternoon, and dropped 'em off to be powder coated. I really liked the Touratech bars better, but the ELF pegs were kind of a trump card that rules over other considerations. Hopefully I don't have the PITA factor to overcome that some here have experienced when actually putting the things on.

Y'know, I'd have been a little ticked off if I had not intended on powder coating them. Three of the four pieces came quite scratched up, right out of the box: the two side braces, and the sump protector. When ordering, I asked if there were any scratched parts left at discount and was told no, so I ordered the silver painted ones. The scratches went substantially through the paint.

Archived