IGNORED

RT Saddlebags on an ST?

lightcycle

I understand that the ST sidecases are just plain black RT sidecases. Was wondering what the Piedmont Red sidecase would look like on our ST, so this is a quick photoshop. If you excuse the mismatched sun/shadow, what do you think?

810059-colormatch.jpg.478e9183ae72a33bede35a4f8b159a62.jpg

Nice, I'd go for it.

Looks better than the black but it may not be as forgiving with scuffs. A protective film can be used to manage that.

Gene

How ironic. I have a red 05 RT and I am putting the ST black lids on my saddle bags as an additional option. You will definitely need a clear protective covering, like 3M Clear Fairing Bra, applied over your red lids unless you and your passenger are extremely careful when swinging your leg over the bike. Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where I could pick up a used left side black lid in good shape would you?

I understand that the ST sidecases are just plain black RT sidecases. Was wondering what the Piedmont Red sidecase would look like on our ST, so this is a quick photoshop. If you excuse the mismatched sun/shadow, what do you think?
R1200STw-cases.jpg

My GF's bike, they are the same!

Jim cool.gif

I thought about doing the same thing, but rather than photoshop it, I went to my dealer and he was kind enough to let me take a set of Piemont Red cases off an RT so I could see what it would look like in person on my ST.

I bought the black cases.

I've got the graphite RT lids on my ST, which actually looks pretty nice. However, as mentioned above, the painted lids will get marked up pretty quickly unless you do something to protect them. I'm sure any BMW dealer will be happy to help you live your dreams, for the right amount of money. smile.gif

Archived