IGNORED

Looking for Big Mak tank bag pics on R12RT

mos

Here you go.... kept the BigMak from my 1150RT and bolted it right onto the 1200RT. Have the BMW 1200RT tank bag, but never use it. Still like the Big Mak above all others mainly due to the ease of fuel fill ups and its size.

38195525-M.jpg

When you say 'bolted it right onto the R1200RT'.... Can you post a photo or two? I'm still in the hunt for a tank bag, but not sure what to end up with.

Thanks,

Dave

I'm using the regular platen as I'm only using the Diamond space case. 25thAnniversaryNovaScotia152-12.jpg

It holds my Autocom, XM antenna, external GPS antenna, cables, other goodies, (glasses, gloves, raincover, keys, phone, cable lock, etc...) comes off in a flash and can be locked in saddlebag along w/GPS.

Low profile, doesn't block gauges etc...

If I were running the bigger bags I'd opt for the heavy duty platen.

I am in the hunt for a new tank bag on the R1200RT . Looking for pictures and likes / dislikes of the Big Mak .

Mike

I've got a Big Mak that I moved from my R11RT to my R12ST. I love it. The biggest advantages, of course, are its ease of removal and the fact that it quickly flips out of the way for filling up with fuel.

The only possible negative is aesthetic--the Big Mak bags "float" above the gas tank, so they may not appear quite as integrated as a factory bag or one that attaches via straps. Not a big deal, as far as I'm concerned, and far outweighed by the significant increase in functionality over a conventional bag.

BTW, I agree with getting the heavy-duty platen.

It holds my Autocom, XM antenna, external GPS antenna, cables, other goodies, (glasses, gloves, raincover, keys, phone, cable lock, etc...) ...

Critical question for me: Can you get a two-cup coffee thermos in there? I really like the simplicity of the setup you show. The bigger tank bags always look outsized to me.

Archived