IGNORED

RE: RT assessory shelf kit

majordad

I am thinking about getting a shelf kit to attach a few things to. for those that have the shelf on their RT's, are you happy with it and what limitations does it create?

I had one on the '97 RT and have one on the '07 GT.

I think they are great. I'm going to get one for the '07 RT as soon as I make up my mind on it.

In fact I just found the '97 RCU shelf in the garage this past weekend. I need to put it on the flea market.

Best,

I have the BMR shelf and could not imagine being without it.

I would buy another in a heartbeat. I briefly had the RCU shelf and found it vibrated to much for my liking. I also like the different arms that one can purchase to customize your shelf to your applications.

YRMV

Rocket_Cowboy
I have the BMR shelf and could not imagine being without it.

I would buy another in a heartbeat. I briefly had the RCU shelf and found it vibrated to much for my liking. I also like the different arms that one can purchase to customize your shelf to your applications.

YRMV

+1

I also have the BMW shelf. I was afraid of the vibration on the shelf based on the vibrations I saw on my ST1300's shelf, but the BMR shelf has been very sturdy.

The Gadget Guy mount. Expensive, but worth it. I know a number of folks here who have gone through the RCU-BMR-GG progression. You can't beat the GG mount, IMHO.

Archived