IGNORED

Highway Pegs for GS-ADVENTURE

Faust

Anyone know of highway pegs that will fit, or can me modified to fit the crash bars on a R1200GS-ADV?

The "Sahara" version of the Elf Pegs for the hexheads are pretty neat. They fit into the spark plug cable channel and fold completely out of the way when not in use. Pricey, though at about $350.00

BluesTraveler

Don't know about the 1200 GSA but my 04' 1150 GSA vibrates pretty good out on the ends of my crash bars. Thought it was a good idea until I attempted to rest my feet out there. Not sure how much of that I could take.

Don't know about the 1200 GSA but my 04' 1150 GSA vibrates pretty good out on the ends of my crash bars. Thought it was a good idea until I attempted to rest my feet out there. Not sure how much of that I could take.

On my 1150GS - I used Harley Parts to fabricate foot rests that I attached to the upper, outer edge of the crash bars. They were just enough to keep my feet from sliding off, and I could extend my legs over the bars as well. It was cheap and easy.

The GSA tank is so big that this won't work. If so, I'd do it again.

As I recall the parts were fork clamps and rubber shift lever extenders. The fork clamps had a slightly larger diameter than the crash bars, so I did the easy thing, and cut up an old bicycle inner tube for a non-slip shim.

Archived