IGNORED

Heavy Throttle

davie

Hi I have a 2003 R1150RT I find the throttle a bit on the heavy side.

I even tried fitting new cables and cable divider and have lubed the the cables and divider but still I am not happy with it. Any one else had this problem ?

The throttle on my 2002 1150RT was very stiff. I replaced the cables and box and it works like a charm. I didn't repalce the "choke" cable since I rarely use it any way. None of the cables seemed to be damaged or kinked but the replacement of the cables did the trick. The old RT gets up and goes now!

thumbsup.gif

D

Did you buy the bike used? I wonder if someone had replaced the cable in the past but not ran it correctly. With new cables, and ran correctly, it should be about like any other bike. It might be the box the cable runs into, or up at the grip. I would try to check all 3 seperately. Phil

About once a year, I clean and lube (With silicone spray), between the grip and the bar that it turns on. The inside of the grip rubs some stuff off, and it doesn't take much debris in between to make a difference. This is on an '02 RT. YMMV. Good Luck!

The throttle on my 2002 1150RT was very stiff. I replaced the cables and box and it works like a charm. I didn't repalce the "choke" cable since I rarely use it any way. None of the cables seemed to be damaged or kinked but the replacement of the cables did the trick. The old RT gets up and goes now!

thumbsup.gif

D

Dan,

That usually is the first sign that the cable is ready to go bad.

Yeeha! Stephen

Maybe the lube is the prob.

Some one at the dealership lubed mine and it attracted more grit and gummed up things.

I took it apart and cleaned the goo out and put it together dry. Tons better now.

Archived