IGNORED

Do you all know how wonderfully you can affect somebody here?

GelStra

To put a hand through the screen and reach out to some unknown user name. To invite them to become a part of your real life, not just a virtual one. This is powerful. Lives can change in amazing ways by doing that.

Fernando started out by telling me about this site one day while I was visiting his store. ALWAYS inviting me to go to this rally, that ride. Always caring.

Steve Carr inviting me for that first of many rides. A friend.

Gleno, whose humor I would love to say I had 1% of, saying:

"When ya gonna cut the BS and come to Vegas and shake my hand?? I'm cookin' dawg...just call it. Or...should I saddle up and come to you. I can only live in anticipation of one of the greats for so long before I move on and find a new hero.

Yer killin' me Smalls.

All the best...GMac "

Who would know that I'd be sobbing all morning for somebody I've only met in the flesh once? But the days and months since that PM have been filled with many calls, PM's, struggling with him on the phone over concern for his "hot wifey", and, always, laughter.

Reach out to someone here. Invite them into your world. Who knows? It may be one of the greatest things you ever do.

Lone_RT_rider

Gel, you nailed it man....

These people are my friends... the people I count on. I've broke bread, ridden, held a tech daze, gone and gotten ridingsmart, experienced the unCola of rallys, experienced the red headed mistress that is Torrey and so much more. This place, these people....have made life so much better for me. I can't even begin to list the amount of friends I have because of it. I know this though, the list is longer than my friends from the other aspects of my life.

Shawn

wELL sTATED, I took a chance to meet everybody at the first TechDaze...held at Gleno's - I was humpin' home from singing in Annaheim, CA - loaded with all my pro-gear...stopped in and broke bread with the likes of Gleno - Jake - Tommy Roe - 'Nando - Sam G - Russell - Pilgrim - too many to list..!

Friends forever - and I've literally re-met these friends many times after.! UN's // Paonia COLO rally // I hook up with them as much as I can 'caus they are real and they all care - no fakin' that.

It's feels real - because it IS real.!

Risk something and invite someone...it will only grow if you are willing to risk something..! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Best :

Yep!

I owe the fact that I am still riding motorcycles to many on this board. And what began as a group of cyber-buddies, buddies I really never thought I would meet in person, have become some of my closest "real-life" friends.

The people here have been a Godsend to me many times and I am grateful.

Zackly right.

I was thinking about this a couple hours ago.

I went out on a limb, & invited one of you stray dog nutzoids to stay at my house when he was half way across the country. I now have a new friend.

There are several people here,whom I've never met, that I would also call friend. Some of you know who you are. Most don't.

Gleno was one of those.

Thing is, I didn't realize it till this morning, when I read that he was gone.

My heart pounded,I had a lump in my throat,I felt sick, & my eyes welled up. They still do.

I've never been part of a forum before joining this one. Untill today, I had no idea how close I hold many of you.

We truly are a family.

...Reach out to someone here. Invite them into your world. Who knows? It may be one of the greatest things you ever do.

Amen...

I've met more folks than I thought possible in our community. It always made me smile when I saw folks for the first time, and then again for the second and so on. I've said it before and will say it again...

Even though you're across the internet, I know you're right next door

Mike O

P.S. But where the hell were you all when I was shovelin' snow?

Our BMWST "family" has made moving 1700 miles away from the only place that was ever "home" feel like ...well… like coming "home" again. Even before our move to CA from TX, lots of folks on the board were giving advice about the area. We had 6 days in early May to fly over and find a place to live and get the business "set-up". Russell and Lisa met us for dinner and made us feel SO welcome. Of course we felt like "old" friends after being at the MotoGP race and Barber ( Keith Code ) together !

Since our move in June we have been so happy to spend more time with Leslie and Jamie, too. Also considered "old" friends from our time together in the TX Hill Country !

And, of course, we've been so very blessed to meet so many wonderful folks that we'd not met before. I have never felt alone or far from home because of all of you – and how you’ve all enriched my life and touched my heart.

...Reach out to someone here. Invite them into your world. Who knows? It may be one of the greatest things you ever do.

Amen...

I've met more folks than I thought possible in our community. It always made me smile when I saw folks for the first time, and then again for the second and so on. I've said it before and will say it again...

Even though you're across the internet, I know you're right next door

Mike O

What's this snow stuff you speak of?? grin.gif

It's amazing how someone can touch your life in one brief moment, but then stay with you for a lifetime.

I look forward to meeting many more of you.

This truly is a wonderful forum. Who would have thought a year ago that I would stay out 4 hours past the end of a shift just to meet some nut job trying to beat the clock across the country, but I did. Then riding down to a place I never thought of going only to be waiting for next years ride?? And then to top it off, I mention to a person on the "Left" coast that I may be coming that way this summer with my bride and yard rats, and he offers his home so that my possible stay might be cheaper?? And then on top of that begins to train my mind and outlook so that when retirement arrives and I relocate somewhere out there, I'll be singing the local tunes! Man o man, I am indeed a believer in this medium that has brought us (the whole friggin world) closer.

I shall now step off the soap box and return to my prior grumpy and crusty self!

Well said Paul,

If I find any of you came through my area without stopping to at least say hi and use a pillow, wrench or beer if needed I will be forced to get out the virtual whooping stick.

Mike O

...sHOVELIN' mY oWN...!!??

I've got experience and if there was a way to help ya' you know I would!

Mike O

AdventurePoser

Well said, Paul! When I think of the countless people I've met either in person or virtually on this DB I realize how much the richer I am for it!

Gleno's passing made me think of my own mortality too. How can I be a better friend, husband, father, and son? Life is a frail tenous thread. We need to move through it loving, helping, and laughing with those around us. thumbsup.gif

Steve in So Cal

I've followed this tragedy all day since Fernando's first posting but didn't feel it appropriate to post as I have met only a very few of the members here..I've posted questions and received great advise... Sometimes, in retrospect, I realize that they were pretty basic but the patience and helpfulness was kind and not critical of my ignorance; kind of like a caring family...I think there are a whole bunch of us out here that are feeling a loss for someone we never met but are sad and care about his passing...I know I am...

Phil..........Redbrick

...What's this snow stuff you speak of?? grin.gif

It's amazing how someone can touch your life in one brief moment, but then stay with you for a lifetime.

I look forward to meeting many more of you.

It's that white shit we're finally melting off around here. Now if we could just get rid of the standing water and sand, it might be safe to ride again.

Mike O

I shall now step off the soap box and return to my prior grumpy and crusty self!

Nice try, I know better "tough guy"...

I have said this countless times at gatherings and I'll say it again here:

"This board enriched and changed my life beyond words."

I never could have known how much.

Every chance I get when I meet someone new, I tout the praises of this place. I'm sure the "unwashed" think I'm nuts.

Come to think of it, I guess they are right! confused.gif

Archived