IGNORED

Acts of despiration?

velomoto

Just finished chipping a 12 foot path thru the ice at the end of my driveway to give me a clear shot to the now dry roadway. This winter's weather in Colorado has been highly unusual - much colder and much more snow. Having not been on the bike since before Christmas, and well I just couldn't take it any more.

With the sun setting and temperatures dropping there wasn't much time for me to clear the path and get the bike on the road before the risk of wet sections turning to ice. But oh how wonderful it felt to be back on the bike. Not sure how you folks farther north manage thru the long winter, I'm ready for some warmer weather!

Perhaps I could have waited a few days and the warming weather would have taken care of the ice, but then I would've missed today's ride! crazy.gif Beside, what would I have done if yet another snow storm blew in? Oh, that wouldn't have been good...

Me too.

Last night I cut the grass and then blew all the debris off my driveway so I could ride out this morning w/out dealing with it.

Maybe I should have waited for wind/rain?

grin.gif

I can feel for ya, I'm sure the beautiful scenery and the non-winter part of the year are great.

Snow events being measured in feet all over parts of the country. eek.gif

No thanks.

Hope you like to ski. wave.gif

This must be a great time for skiers. thumbsup.gif

Just finished chipping a 12 foot path thru the ice at the end of my driveway to give me a clear shot to the now dry roadway.

Me too! Actually, my husband chipped out a path through our iceberg yesterday morning so that, by the time I got home, it was a nice clear shot out to the road for a couple of hours of riding! He says that chipping out the driveway was my Valentine's Day present-you have to love a man who knows what a woman REALLY wants!

Perhaps I could have waited a few days and the warming weather would have taken care of the ice, but then I would've missed today's ride! crazy.gif Beside, what would I have done if yet another snow storm blew in? Oh, that wouldn't have been good...

The weather is currently showing another storm for the weekend, so we will have to enjoy it while we can!

Good for you! Warmer weather has afforded me the opportunity to work on the starter. Be VERY careful of:

- the sand

- pot holes

- and what may appear as shallow water that isn't (AMHIK)

Mike O

Yesterday ended my rideless streak at 52 days. I had to navigate about 50 yards of ice and slush to get up the street far enough for clear pavement, but I was determined to ride to work yesterday for the first time since December 15. I'm really hoping that the Groundhog Day legend is true this year.

I rode to my Women in the Wind meeting last night. I have the furthest to go to the meeting place (45 miles). Most of the gals live within 10-15 miles tops. Only one other lady rode. It was in the high 40s by the time I got home.

Beautiful ride, but to me it was COLD!!!! (I know, shut up you damn Floridian!) But given the other responsibilitis I have in life if I CAN ride I gotta ride....well, I guess I draw the line at raining AND cold....but just cold, nah gotta ride!

I will tell you though I always thought my throttle rocker was the best $10 I ever spent. I used my new half mask/face wamer thingie last night and that is my new favorite $10 item. thumbsup.gif

Me too.

Last night I cut the grass and then blew all the debris off my driveway so I could ride out this morning w/out dealing with it.

Maybe I should have waited for wind/rain?

grin.gif

I'm going to slap you the next time I see you! Minis 2 degress as I type.

Chiping ice in a drive way yeah that is desperate. I bet you enjoyed it after you worked so hard to get on the road. I've not been out between work travel and weather. Yuk. What's keeping me sane is trip planning.

Archived