IGNORED

Compact battery powered LCD TV for camping

waylap

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for a small battery powered LCD tv ,color 5 inches or so that would be nice to have on camping trips with the RT. It's mainly for my daughters entertainment and weather info on local news stations at night before bed in the tent.

I can't recommend a specific TV model, but I would caution that you might only be able to use it for 2 years until it becomes useless.

Why? The spring of 2009 is the scheduled end of over the air, broadcast analog television. After that broadcasters will turn off their analog signals and transmit only digital ones. If your TV isn't hooked up to cable or satellite feed, you'll need a digital converter to watch over the air TV.

If your TV isn't hooked up to cable or satellite feed, you'll need a digital converter to watch over the air TV.

Can you recommend a RAM mount for a microwave dish?

Why not just get one of the new cheapy notebook size DVD players?

Most cell phone providers these days offer weather service, including emergency alerts.

P

Jerry Johnston

The one time I took one along the Ore & Wa coast I couldn't get even one station clear enough to watch. Maybe they'll come out with XM TV?

The one time I took one along the Ore & Wa coast I couldn't get even one station clear enough to watch. Maybe they'll come out with XM TV?

It's called Directv...(I just wished the dish was smaller)

Mike O

Archived