IGNORED

Garmin 2730 - $499 today on Costco.com

OldBoldPilot

By the way, you don't need to be a Costco member to buy. If you're not, they add 5% to the price. Still an amazing deal. I love mine. These will probably last one day, maybe two.

Click here.

Just got off the phone with Costco.com, asking about a refund of the purchase price difference.

They said they recommend that since I paid more than $100 over the current price, I return the 2730 I have for a full refund at any Costco store and buy a new one online today at the $499 price, thereby saving over $100. The customer service agent said, "That's what I would do if I were you."

What a business model.

I see the model has been discontinued. I wonder why??

Look up the cost of purchasing only the XM antenna and you'll figure it out.

Exactly right. Compared to other models without the XM receiver, they were giving this one away. Garmin does promise to continue to support it, however.

Philip

I got the e-mail from costco fri 2/2 at 8:30pm and as of tue 2/6 @ 7:30 pm they are still available. But ya better hurry! Got the shipping confirmation today, coming from Oklahoma City. clap.gif

They said they recommend that since I paid more than $100 over the current price, I return the 2730 I have for a full refund at any Costco store and buy a new one online today at the $499 price.

Their customer service is second to no one. The store manager at my local Costco told me NOT to purchase the extended warranty on my hi-def TV, just return it if anything goes wrong! Brilliant!!

Their customer service is second to no one. The store manager at my local Costco told me NOT to purchase the extended warranty on my hi-def TV, just return it if anything goes wrong! Brilliant!!

They do that because of the fact that they are not "authorized resellers"

of most of the major items they sell, and factory warranties generally don't apply. So they provide their own warranty, which is basically "return any item at any time for any reason" (with one or two exceptions).

Philip

Ordered one today from Costco. They do charge sales tax on their website orders. $500 + $25 non-member surcharge + $11 shipping + my 5% tax = $562.

If your sales tax much above 7%, there's a cheaper way: Amazon's partner, Electronica Direct, is selling for $572 plus $5 shipping, with no tax.

I'm planning on reselling my XM antenna. Looks like it will fetch well over $100 on eBay, after the cost of selling and shipping. That would reduce my net cost down to maybe $440. Okay, so I'm a cheapskate.

Archived