IGNORED

spark plug wire puller

strat

I've looked thru A&S and Sierra and can't find this tool.

does anybody have a part number for this? R1100RT....Is it true one shouldn't just pull the wire off without this? It's starting to get warm ans I want to do my servicing soon.

Thanks

strat

If you have the factory tool kit it should be in there. It is sort of clipped to the screwdriver in my kit. Looks like a "U" shape that wouldn't do anything but does attach nicely to the cap. I have pulled the wires out without it and its not too difficult or hard on wire as long as you grab the top and don't just yank on the wire.

I had to special order it (no kit w/ the RTP!)

Look under the ToolKit section of the microfiche...it's there. About $15, IIRC.

I carefully wrapped some 14ga wire around the head of the spark plug cap and gave it a tug. Pops it right out with no risk of damage.

Jim cool.gif

I use a length of drapery cord in the same fashion. The plastic tool doesn't work all that well anyway.

A Couple other options:

90886123561.jpg

A&S Puller $40

or

ppside.jpg

Marc Paynes puller $25

I carefully wrapped some 14ga wire around the head of the spark plug cap and gave it a tug. Pops it right out with no risk of damage.

ppside.jpg

I have the MP puller, and it works well on the Hexheads! I have no experience on the oilheads except the wire or stock puller methods.

Jim cool.gif

After you unscrew the plugs, use the plug cables push them on to the plug, then remove the plugs, no need for any special tools there.

Rgs

Reutens

Archived