IGNORED

R11000RT Battery Strap

jdbott

Yes on an R1100RT but a R11000RT I am not sure.

Rgs

Reutens

Is it possible to replace the rubber battery strap without taking the tank off?

The R11000RT is a little-known variant of the common R1000RT. The heads are the size of 50 gallon drums, limiting its ability to lean considerably. The machine does 0 to 100 in 2 seconds, but left Kansas headed west and was last seen just east of Orem, Utah still trying to turn around and head back to Kansas City. The battery strap was still in place when last seen.

The R11000RT is a little-known variant of the common R1000RT. The heads are the size of 50 gallon drums, limiting its ability to lean considerably. The machine does 0 to 100 in 2 seconds, but left Kansas headed west and was last seen just east of Orem, Utah still trying to turn around and head back to Kansas City. The battery strap was still in place when last seen.

I had heard that the multi-spark modification on the 11000 smoothed out the surges. I was concerned about the cost of the modification and having to replace 34 spark plugs when doing a tune up but after my 11000 surged and caused a rotator cuff tear, I pulled the heads off my 11000 and sent them to San Jose BMW ASAP for the modification work. If anyone else is interested, I found a pretty good LTL truck rate but keep in mind they won’t allow you to pack both heads on one pallet.

Oh yeah, you can change the battery strap on the diminutive R1100RT without pulling the tank.

Archived