IGNORED

Anything new on Ipod to R12RT connectivity?

Gkgeiger

I've been waiting for something that will allow the use of the radio handlebar controls and show on the readout whats playing. Maybe even let us do album or artist changes. I might be dreaming but, does anyone know of anything along those lines?

What I would really like is something like a Dension Ice-link or the new Dice connector. I want to be able to see what is playing on my readout, but they only make those for the LT's I believe. Thanks for your help and the great job you did on that installation post.

I have found nothing on connecting my iPod directly to the radio on my '05 R1200RT, but suspect that they will do it eventually, as they have done with their cars.

On a related issue, I doubt whether any vehicle manufacturer will offer OEM headphone jacks, for obvious liability reasons. A sales rep at CA Sport Touring told me that I could connect the RT radio to the Starcom Advance communication system, so I could get radio or iPod sounds into my helmet. After my garage warms up, I'll install it and let you know.

Archived