IGNORED

Garmin Routing

Rusty1945

I'm frustrated. I'm trying to use Mapsource to create a route on my pc. The software continually wants to route me around cloverleafs on the interstate, i.e. taking the exit, crossing over and then getting back on the interstate rather than just keeping straight on the interstate. What gives?

What happened to me a few times is, if your not zoomed in enough you could be selecting the other side of the freeway. Say your mapping your route north and you click on the south bound side by accident. That will bring you a nice big circle... dopeslap.gif

What happened to me a few times is, if your not zoomed in enough you could be selecting the other side of the freeway. Say your mapping your route north and you click on the south bound side by accident. That will bring you a nice big circle... dopeslap.gif
You nailed it. When building a route, and hovering your mouse over your next interstate point, be sure it says the direction you are headed when you click on the highway. Zoom in closer helps.
When building a route, and hovering your mouse over your next interstate point, be sure it says the direction you are headed when you click on the highway. Zoom in closer helps.

This is very good advice and points to another Mapsource issue. When you build the route you want, and it takes two to three mouseclicks (each creating a waypoint) to get the specific route that you desire each of them is a waypoint. Those waypoints are specific to the east west north south lane of a slab. When you try and reverse the route you will also get what you just experienced. A perfectly good route of say 100 miles will reverse to a route of 110 miles. You will find that Mapsource has made a u-turn to come back to those waypoints, then another u-turn to get you on your way.

Net, net, net. It is easier to build a route to, and a route from and not try and reverse the route in Mapsource. At least that is my experience.

Archived