IGNORED

BLUETOOTH HEADSET FOR ZUMO

ully211

Finally bought the GXM30 so I can get XM radio and now need to get a BLUETOOTH headset. There are an awful lot out there, so I figured I would ask which ones you all are using and find the best one!!

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Yeah, but, this doesn't work for music does it? I'd like to hear about a headset, even wired, that will allow music, voice prompts and be able to receive phone calls using a Zumo without having to go the intercom route.

It's only a matter of time. Does this exist yet?

Finally bought the GXM30 so I can get XM radio and now need to get a BLUETOOTH headset.
As someone else indicated, XM and Bluetooth don't go together. Sorry. Try some ER-6s and everything will work wonderfully, albeit with wires.

but, there's no mic! I haven't gotten a Zumo, but, am interested. I'd like to see a mic come out that allows easy communication AT SPEED, that I can plug my ety's into. Does this exist? I don't want to have to buy an Autocom or similar to do this.

I use a Cardo, Scala TeamSet bluetooth headset.

It goes bluetooth to the passenger headset/microphone.

It gets ALL audio from the Zumo bluetooth, including phone in and out, mp3s, voice prompts from zumo and XM...

IT is all there.

Cardo Bluetooth sounds great, but is there anything like it that has only the earpieces and not the microphone, if I just want to hear the GPS voice commands (and maybe music or radio as well)?

Seems that most Bluetooth stuff is oriented toward phone users. I suppose some people might want to talk on the phone while riding, but I'm so preoccupied with dodging car drivers yacking on the phone that I don't need the additional distraction of yacking on the phone myself.

hopz,

the ZUMO manual says you won't get mp3/xm audio through Bluetooth on the bike mount. You do get it with your Cardo unit? can you give me the exact name and part number? Thanks

Yeah, but, this doesn't work for music does it? I'd like to hear about a headset, even wired , that will allow music, voice prompts and be able to receive phone calls using a Zumo without having to go the intercom route.

It's only a matter of time. Does this exist yet?

Your wish is my command. For the Zumo, you can obtain a wired headset with boom microphone that has dual plugs (one for the mic input "in" and the other for the audio "out"). I HAVE had limited success with some cheapie headsets meant for computer gaming -- normally the microphone is of very poor quality and those on the other end of my cell calls report clarity of about a 4 on a 10 scale. HOWEVER, after experimenting with 3 headsets, I've finally made a leap into a much higher-quality headset (and hopefully boom mic) with the BeyerDynamic DT234 Pro (shown below).

Additionally, and of course, with this type of headset your music will sound GREAT. I know you BMW types don't use half helmets, etc. for the most part but I mention this just to get you thinking out of the box. It has it's compromises but it DOES allow you to have your cake and eat it too (ALL XM and MP3 stereo sounds and full cell phone calling)! I should get it soon and think this will be "it!" Wish me luck!

Beyerdynamic.DT234.Pro.2923.jpg

i have a jabra 250 and it fits inside my helmet so it cuts out wind noise at the mike. it answeres automatically. its not technically a motorcycle headset but works great.

Archived