IGNORED

I have to tell. I just gotta...

steve.foote

For the last several months, I have been cheating on the GS with a little Suzuki DR-Z400s in the backlands of Savannah. Being a complete dirt n00b, I have been hesitant (OK, I'll be honest, EMBARRASSED grin.gif) to report my progress. But, the last several rides have been truely awesome.

When I first started riding on dirt, it was WORK. I mean like a complete workout. Everytime I rode on a different type of terrain, I came away completely exhausted. Both mentally and physically. But these last few have been nothing but fun.

A good friend of mine in Savannah has taken me under his wing and learned me a few things. His name is Jim Goodlett and he has posted some great ride tales on his ESSCAPE site. Click on this link and check out the top story under the heading "The BAD" to see our latest outing. It'll show you a little of what can be found here in Coastal Georgia. I make a couple of cameo appearances. grin.gif

For the last several months, I have been cheating on the GS

I used think a lot better of you.

Two-timer!

Excellent!

Sounds like a blast and congrats on your good lern'in!

Dawg....slide some motard wheels, Pilot Race hoops, ProTaper bars, Pipe and Jets...and go embarrass the crotchie boyz in your fave twisty bits.

A VERY worthy mount, just a tad underpowered for"getting there".

True! I changed the gearing from 15/44 to 14/47 for that reason. It cost me a bit on the top end, but it works great in the mud.

Awesome! Looks pretty gnarly dude. grin.gif

Caption: "Jim??..Jim??...you OK??"

jcg012807_2at.gif

grin.gif

That water was jet black in the middle. We really didn't know how deep it was. I figured it couldn't be more than 18", cause if it was, I would have had a whole nother tale to tell. dopeslap.gif

True! I changed the gearing from 15/44 to 14/47 for that reason. It cost me a bit on the top end, but it works great in the mud.

What's mud?? You ain't hearin me son...MOTARD BABAY...and with the 47T cog out back you'll be aimin' at the sky on the exits as you drill the squidly types. Do it...Just DO IT!!! clap.gifclap.gif

Uh, Steve, when I asked for good routes in your area for my upcoming trip, you are reciprocating for the nice PAVED roads I took you on, right? eek.gif

Just remember, I'm using City Navigator, not Blue Chart and a fish finder. bncry.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Uh, Steve, when I asked for good routes in your area for my upcoming trip, you are reciprocating for the nice PAVED roads I took you on, right? eek.gif

Just remember, I'm using City Navigator, not Blue Chart and a fish finder. bncry.gif

Uhhhhhh Ken? This is kettle...... care to define the color? Paved roads on your routes? eek.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Shawn

Uhhhhhh Ken? This is kettle...... care to define the color? Paved roads on your routes? eek.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Shawn

Yes Shawn you got me there. I don't always have 100% paved roads in my routes, but I never sent you boating dopeslap.gif

While we're on the subject, maybe you'll get a break in the weather to finish your El Paseo scouting for me.

Lone_RT_rider
While we're on the subject, maybe you'll get a break in the weather to finish your El Paseo scouting for me.

Sure, as soon as I get over this cold, get the RT back into one piece and do a dry run for Ridesmart I will be happy to. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

/hi-jack

Shawn

jcg012807_2a2.gif

Get yer arse off that seat, son.

And, for Pete's sake, pick up that front wheel!!!

Looks like a great area. Thanks for humiliating yourself for our entertainment. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Gleno - I hear you about the SMoto setup. I've been hearing the music for a while now. It's all in how one paints the picture for mama. grin.gif

Ken - Noooo, I wouldn't take you down a dirty road. tongue.gif Actually, the roads are nice on that particular route. But, if you wanna get em dirty, I can arrange that too. wink.gif

Danny - If I had my arse up off that seat, the next frame would have featured me planted face-first in the opposing bank with said motorcycle planted in said arse. The bottom dropped about seven feet (well maybe 20", but it felt like seven feet eek.gif). But, for forms sake, you may notice that I was slid all the way to the back of the seat, which helps a lot on loose terrain. smirk.gif

Tim - No comment. My attorney will be replying soon.

Randy - No problemo. We'll start with yours. wave.gif

Archived