IGNORED

How many of you ride your GS with the cases on at all times?

rshipp

I really like the looks of my 07'GS Adventure with all of the aluminum cases on. Plus, it's always handy to be able to carry what ever you need. I really don't want to be taking them off and on all of the time. How many of you just keep them at all times?

About the only times mine come off are for trips to the shop for service, cleaning, or loading the bike on a trailer, none of which happens very often. I frequently run errands on the way to or from work, so they come in pretty handy.

I feel naked riding without them, but it does make my bu# look smaller thumbsup.gif

The reality is that I like to be prepared (for whatever) even on 200 mile day rides, so I have tools, jacket liners, spare gloves, Power Bars, water, etc. with me at all times.

I really like the looks of my 07'GS Adventure with all of the aluminum cases on. Plus, it's always handy to be able to carry what ever you need. I really don't want to be taking them off and on all of the time. How many of you just keep them at all times?

I don't have the GS, but have the Vario cases for my 'standard' R12GS. I take mine off when not in use. Same with my RT.. no cases unless I'm travelling overnight.

Side cases ~100% of the time ON. I like to store my riding gear when I get to my destination

"Trunk" 50% of the time ON. Same here... helmet gloves and pants or jacket.

I just bought my 07 GS adventure and have the BMW bags. I never take them off unless I'm over nighting somewhere. I say leave them on all the time. Like you-I like the style and looks of them. They are handy and useful! Hope this helps. David Farcas ragman@wildblue.net

I know it's not the same but I have an RT. Personally, I leave my cases on. But my kids, my wife, well pretty much everyone thinks it looks sportier/faster without them. confused.gif

Thanks everyone. Looks like they stay on. I love the way the bike looks "buff" with the cases. It really turns heads. I always see people staring at the bike at intersections. It's a little cramped when hopping on and off, since my feet keep hitting the cases. But, oh well.

I take mine off when I know I am riding in some of the rougher stuff. I have the Jesses on my 03 GS Adventure and I have had a few latches come undone when riding some of the washboard dirt roads. So when I know I am riding in the dirt, I strap a bag with emergency essentials on the rear rack and take off all hard bags.

But when on the road, they are on all the time.

Archived