IGNORED

Pirelli Diablos

MChick

Just wanted to let you guys know, I just put new Pirelli Diablos on the R1200ST. I now have a totally new bike.

I have had Conti Road attacks, Pilot Sports and Pilot Roads on the bike; nothing like this. The bike now goes exactly where I put it, no more hinge in the middle, leans all the way to the pegs with no surprises. And no weights at all needed to balance. I mounted the tires myself and lined the red dots with the filler, and now my Mark Parnes balancer is redundant.

I really can't see myself ever wanting a different tire for this bike. thumbsup.gif

Who did you order them from?

My GF loves the Diablos, but we couldn't find them last time we ordered tires for her.

Just to be clear, we're talking about Diablos, not Diablo Stratas (or Diablo Corsas)... right?

It looks like Southwest Moto Tires has all 3 of those listed on their website in both 120/70 17 and 180/55 17's.

Regardless, thanks for the tip. I'll have to consider those when my Road Attacks are spent. Let us know how (if?) they last.

Who did you order them from?

My GF loves the Diablos, but we couldn't find them last time we ordered tires for her.

Just to be clear, we're talking about Diablos, not Diablo Stratas (or Diablo Corsas)... right?

It looks like Southwest Moto Tires has all 3 of those listed on their website in both 120/70 17 and 180/55 17's.

Regardless, thanks for the tip. I'll have to consider those when my Road Attacks are spent. Let us know how (if?) they last.

Damn! That is where we ended up ordering her a set of Pilot Roads for her 12ST!

I wonder when they got them in?

Jim cool.gif

I had a set of Diablos on my '04 RT last summer. I liked them. Great traction, mileage was OK, IIRC I got about 9000 miles. When they get close to the end of their life cycle, be advised, they tend to start to wear very, very quickly.

I wouldn't hesitate to put another set of Diablos on my RT.

I have Metzler ME 880 on it now, and I am liking them so far, only gripe is wet weather traction is not as good as the Diablos.

Archived