IGNORED

$0.99 Dixieline Lumber ZUMO mount

bababooey

Broke down the other day and ordered a Zumo. So far I like it, the car kit works better then I expected and the Bluetooth works with my LG for basic functions. Before I ordered it I was a bit worried about how to mount it on the RT. Several aftermarket mounts are available but are priced as if they are made of gold or something? A trip to Dixieline Lumber found a U bolt that is just a bit bigger then the one Garmin provides, works great and was a buck!

125813460-L.jpg

125813674-L.jpg

125814011-L.jpg

125814549-L.jpg

This can not be real, there is a motor cycle on the screen? Now I truely beleive that the Zumo was made by bikers, who else would be that crazy?

This can not be real, there is a motor cycle on the screen? Now I truely beleive that the Zumo was made by bikers, who else would be that crazy?

Clearly it is one of the motorcycles that came off that grounded cargo ship!! Notice how the bike appears to be in the water on the screen!! eek.gifdopeslap.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Yup, I'm amazed at the after market goodies you can tailor towards your own design that are far more cost effective. I took a 'home-made' approach for my Garmin Quest as well (but also because Garmin hadn't yet offered an expensive motorcycle mount).

Regards,

Mike O

P.S. Is that Jamie I see to the far right on that GPS? And yes it DOES appear the bike is amphibious!

My mount is a little more than .99 but at 62.00 including the 1" ram ball and shipping I don't think it qualifies as 'gold'...

Still have 3 left...and I guess I could make another batch if enough people want one. Have to sell a LOT more to pay for my Mojo stand and lever tongue.gif.

miniimg2602bl8.th.jpg

resizedmount001nj8.th.jpg

resizedmount002mf4.th.jpg

Jim

Not only is that a bike, you can load many different vehicles, and choose the one you want... like the bike when on the bike, and like the car when in the car.

Then... you can have it talk to you in many different dialects... I like Jill, the Aussie. clap.gif

Archived