IGNORED

To Cedar Key with friends and me

PRC

I got up at 0540 and awoke to a very chilly 27 degrees in Florida's capital city. I layered up and hopped on the RT. As I headed out into the crisp pre-dawn air, I could smell the smoke from the fires burning in the fireplaces. As I made my way out of the neighborhood, I dodged a couple of deer. This got me fully awake! Upon arriving at the gas station to meet my friend and his future wife, I had to pull the RT's seat from mine! At 0620 I linked up with my friend and his gal on his LT, we headed out to the rally point....

We arrived there at 0700

GettingTogether.jpg

After our brief hello's and HOT coffee, we get ready for departure

ZackandAmygetwarm.jpg

We head out behind Tim (Tallman) who will lead us down to Cedar Key

Timleadsusout.jpg

Behind him, is a cold (ok, I'm shivering)flock

Wereonourway.jpg

Along the way, the sun has risen well above the horizon, and a blue sky fills my visor

HowBlue.jpg

And one of the LT's in our group passes for a photo op

CedarKey07028-1.jpg

After a great trip down through some sweepers and long straight aways, we arrive at 1115 to see BMW's of every model and color

BMWsasfarastheeycansee.jpg

In fact so many were there. the locals had to move to other locations

CedarKey07020.jpg

We sat down to a great lunch with great people

BigDave.jpg

At 1400 it was time to launch and go back north, however we stopped at a winery. Yes Florida does have many scattered throughout the state

DakotaWinery.jpg

After our stop, we headed for home

HeadedHome.jpg

All in all, a great trip, with great friends. I look forward to the next trip!

PRC,

Great job with the pictures, and will have a disc for you also to post. Had a blast today, great ride and lots of fun. Need to do this again soon. Later, bro.

Note the undies! LOL lmao.giflmao.gif

Now that is just wrong

Great ride tale, and cool pics (well, some)

I'm glad you didn't have a camera when I came through and had breakfast! I'm sure there would have been repercussions for me if you had the opportunity!

Oh, and sweepers???? lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

yea, right!!

More pics!! More pics!!

(Not like the ones of John with his chonies hangin' out, please! tongue.gif )

. . . but otherwise . . . more pics!! grin.gif

I'm glad you didn't have a camera when I came through and had breakfast! I'm sure there would have been repercussions for me if you had the opportunity!

I did and there will be! lmao.gif But alas, you were never here as there's no ride tale to prove it! You better get yours posted before I tell my part...then who they gonna believe???

As to the sweepers, well you just have really high standards! For this part of the country, it was ok.

Left Jax at 6:30...Bernie and I saw temp at 33 at bank I radioed Bernie and asked what was the wind chill at 80mph He raidoed back COLD..... crazy.gif

Had a great ride met up with Larry and Neil at Camp Blanding and rediscovered West Central Florida again for the third year in a row.

Keep an eye out for the COWS crossing the road dopeslap.gif.

Great day at Cedar Key good to see many friends and BMW riders. Hope no one got any tickets from that cop trying to hide from us outside Cedar Key eek.gif.

Great ride back through horse country and the stop in Micanopy for ice cream and coffee was fun. clap.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

That cop has been there every trip I have ever done to the area. He was gone today when we left at about 1300. I always thought it was a broken down car with a store dummy inside but he waved back to me on the way in. Good thing he wasn't a couple of miles further outside of town. grin.giftongue.gif

That cop has been there every trip I have ever done to the area. He was gone today when we left at about 1300.

He was there when I rambled out of town about 2:30.

Great to see everyone. Don't know why everyone is complaining about the weather, I was nice and toasty in my truck lmao.gif

Third annual Meet, Great and Eat and 2nd time I have driven dopeslap.gif

Here are some pics from Don, one of the guys from Bmw RofTB. <<click here>>

More pics!! More pics!!

Ask and ye shall receive.....

The sun was gaining ground, and the night was in full retreat

DSC02428.jpg

As we arrived in Perry, Fl. The sun had a foothold and was bright in the sky

DSC02437.jpg

And our good friend John (motorman587) takes agreat shot.....

DSC02459.jpg

And these are my great friends..One could not ask for finer riding partners or friends!

DSC02456.jpg

Hope this satisfied you cravings Jamie and alas, my picture has made it to the internet.

Motorman587 at his best:

Note the undies! LOL lmao.giflmao.gif

I usually refrain from using emoticons...but yours sums it up nicely. Looks like you guys/gals had a nice ride.

Mike O

Mike,

We did have a BLAST!! This was actually my very first BMWST event as well as the longest trip with a group. My pals have been on them before and made this one very special to me. John (motorman587) have been friends for 13 years and this was the first time we actually rode together. Hope I get to do more.

That is just SOOOOOO cool!! cool.gif

Great pics, John and thanks for posting them, Pete! (BTW, Pete, I think John's got you beat in the focus and composition department! wink.gif )

I really liked the group shot on the road with the city limits sign in the shot! Amazing timing! John's self-portrait with the group behind is also a keeper! clap.gif

Glad you all had a good time, and doesn't this place attract some wonderful folks? grin.gif

I'm really looking forward to meeting some more of the Conch Republic Crew. You guys ought to take a page out of Calvin and Rich's book and head a little bit further east . . . like Texas Hill Country! But if I have to settle for West Virginia or another El Paseo, well I guess I can take that bullet for the team. Don't worry Pete, your anonymity is safe, no one ever reads this DB! wink.gif

pedro cerveza

I'm really looking forward to meeting some more of the Conch Republic Crew. You guys ought to take a page out of Calvin and Rich's book and head a little bit further east . . . like Texas Hill Country! But if I have to settle for West Virginia or another El Paseo, well I guess I can take that bullet for the team. Don't worry Pete, your anonymity is safe, no one ever reads this DB!

Actually, it's WEST dopeslap.gif

Archived