IGNORED

The Panzer gets re shod [ with Andy's assistance ]

Steve1962

Busy day today ............ get up early , get new tyre put on wheel , go to work for 5 hours , get home , put new tyre/wheel back on bike , wait for Andy to turn up to tighten the back wheel up correctly using his torque wrench , then off we go for a little ride .......... some photos ........

Working on the bike .........

RESHODPANZER001Medium.jpg

RESHODPANZER002Medium.jpg

RESHODPANZER006Medium.jpg

RESHODPANZER005Medium.jpg

Then after Andy had tightened up using the torque wrench , we rode to St Oswalds ...........

The Manchester United spy plane flew over ..........

RESHODPANZER011Medium.jpg

Undeterred , we carried on snapping away .........

Andy with his new camera

RESHODPANZER018Medium.jpg

A few of St Oswalds church ..........

RESHODPANZER023Medium.jpg

RESHODPANZER026Medium.jpg

RESHODPANZER024Medium.jpg

From inside ..........

RESHODPANZER015Medium.jpg

The vista .............

RESHODPANZER017Medium.jpg

RESHODPANZER022Medium.jpg

RESHODPANZER031Medium.jpg

Getting late now , so last photo before we ride back to mine for a nice cuppa .....

RESHODPANZER034Medium.jpg

Once again ,I'd like to thank Andy , for riding 90 miles to my place , just to make sure I put the wheel on properly ...guess what .......he had two torque wrenches in the Tardis [ also discovered he now has a wind up torch in there too !! ] .

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos Andy has taken , as that camera of his looks an excellent piece of kit .

Steve

Ahhhh, that first photo is proof that your bike DOES get dirty, I thought that you may have put dirt repelent on the bike when you first purchased it. grin.gif

Ahhhh, that first photo is proof that your bike DOES get dirty, I thought that you may have put dirt repelent on the bike when you first purchased it. grin.gif

Uh, photoshop!!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Today was the day to finish off getting Steve's bike back on the road. After last weekends abortive ride Steve needed a new tyre - no UK tyre repairer would contemplate repairing a Z-Rated tyre as the British Standards Institute do not recognise any repair methods as suitable for them.

Steve borrowed the tools needed to remove the rear wheel (what is it with BMW and that toolkit?) and had a Conti Road Attack fitted by Micheldever Tyres.

Steve asked if I could assist in the refit as he did not have a torque wrench. I happily agreed and Steve asked me to bring the new camera.

When I arrived at Steve's house the wheel was loosley fitted awaiting final assembly.

"Is this a spanner Andy?"

DSC00044Steve_tyre.jpg

Manipulating the silencer - at this point we did not know the retained nut slides fore and aft.

DSC00043Steve_tyre.jpg

"Where did I put it?"

DSC00041Steve_tyre.jpg

In the end, under the watchfull eyes of some plaster ducks,

DSC00047Steve_tyre.jpg

The wheel was fitted and the bike ready to roll.

DSC00045Steve_tyre.jpg

Steve offered to take me to St Oswald's church - all that remains of an English village after the ravages of the Black Death.. and one of Steve's favourite spots.

The sun was getting quite low in the sky by now and one long chain of cloud was just where it was not needed - leading to some rather flat lighting when we arrived.

DSC00049Steve_tyre.jpg

The offending cloudbank

DSC00053Steve_tyre.jpg

A wind-sculpted copse

DSC00060Steve_tyre.jpg

Inside the church - all the interior shots I am posting here were hand-held using ambient light. I wanted to give a good workout to he in-body image stabilisation in my new Sony Alpha.

DSC00057Steve_tyre.jpg

DSC00058Steve_tyre.jpg

The light was starting to lift - so back outside for a few shots

DSC00069Steve_tyre.jpg

Visible in the low evening light, these earthworks show where a street once ran

DSC00077Steve_tyre.jpg

Back inside - again all hand-held available light shots

The pulpit

DSC00080Steve_tyre.jpg

The simple altar

DSC00082Steve_tyre.jpg

Medieval wall paintings

DSC00084Steve_tyre.jpg

A last look back as we return to the bikes

DSC00094Steve_tyre.jpg

The lane leading past the village, golden in the evening sun.

DSC00091Steve_tyre.jpg

As we pull up outside Steve's house again, Venus is visible in the fast-darkening sky.

DSC00097Steve_tyre.jpg

A cup of tea and back home.

Now to spend a bit of time with Photoshop and my pictures.

I intend to put a couple of hi-res versions on my website and post the links here for those who are interested.

Thanks for reading - Andy

My photos were only slightly " sharpened " using Irfan view .....

Andy is far better at the technical side of photography than I will ever be !!

Steve

Andy , Those photos taken in the church came out really well clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

And the one outside my house ....... there was very little light to work with , yet the photo is really nice .

Thanks once again for your help and company .

Steve

It's just luck ...standing in the right place at the right time .........

Here's a couple from that very church from an earlier ride I did ........

Upwiththelarks062Medium.jpg

StOswaldschurch2013Medium.jpg

The lighting today was limited , and not consistent due to cloud cover moving briskly across a rapidly darkening sky .

Steve

As an ex-architectural/landscape photographer, luck plays a part of it, but the nut behind the shutter needs to be tight, if you know what I mean. wink.gif

...Inside the church - all the interior shots I am posting here were hand-held using ambient light. I wanted to give a good workout to he in-body image stabilisation in my new Sony Alpha.

Apparently it works quite well! Nice shots!

Francois_Dumas

Glad to see you're back on the road again.... although that road to the church looks like it could give you a puncture.... <cough>.

Nice photos as usual.. I see Andy's cam 'works' grin.gif Good piccies of a very nice place indeed ! thumbsup.gif

Steve

Have you ever thought of putting "Ultraseal" in the tyres? after a trip to Ireland I ended up with a slow puncture and fixed it with the stuff.

I suppose if your hole was to big it wouldn't have worked. Nice pics

Thanks

Steve

Archived