IGNORED

Saddlesore 1000...........done

Firefight911

I am proud to say that my hubby, 1bmwfan will be finishing up the Saddlesore 1000 in less than 1 hour. clap.gifclap.gif

He was clutch out at 4:16AM today and headed toward San Diego. He had lunch with the wonderful Leslie (Les_is_more) and made sure that she is doing well. grin.gif

He has called me at every stop and given me updates..........80 mph all the way there, lane split all thru L.A....uugghh, Colinga smells, that he is in Elk Grove (10:44PM) and just hit 1040 miles, and that he is doing well.

I am going to let him tell his story but I wanted to start this and tell him how proud I am and congrats. I love you sweetie! clap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gif

Somebody should tell him the R1200ST isn't comfortable on long rides.

thumbsup.gif

Why do you think I'm at home????? lmao.giflmao.gif

Home.

Done!

Yippee.

Story later. I'm tired!

1089 miles total. Clutch out at 0416 the morning of the 25th. Clutch back in at 2329 (that's 1129 PM for uneducated wooden teeth makers).

Surprisingly, it was quite easy. I was in no hurry during my stops. Spent 1-1/2 hours with Mama Hoon and another 30 minutes at San Diego BMW. Then there were two other food stops as well. One going and one coming back.

This ride should have been called the 'SS500 with the LS500 return leg'. LS for Lane Split! Most of the way back from San Diego until Glendale was all lane split time. Turned off the XM and just concentrated. Tiring and SLOW!!!!

More later. Thanks for the well wishes.

Oh, and I suppose you could have told me about the ST stock saddle a little earlier!! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

Doesn't answer his phone.

Doesn't return calls.

Richard, he ain't.

This is definitly a Ride Tale that won't last. grin.gif

Francois, you're partly right.

This was certainly a BS1K. lmao.giflmao.gif

that's 1129 PM for uneducated wooden teeth makers.
Or people with enough brains to know whether it's nearly time for lunch or after sunset!

I do like the fact that you did a "proper" SS1K, completely within one calendar day, that used to be the rule before the current administration took over and went soft.

Of course our hero doesn't mention he left LATE and only called me once!

Congrats tough guy!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Jeez, Bill Allen at least went out for chocolates for his sweety. And you meet Les for a nice....leisurely.....lunch. Hmmm. Was the other smoke eater on duty? Hmmm.

Yeah.

OK, so I'm sure we'll hear the whole BS....I mean SS tale....as soon as he comes up with it.

Congrats for the miles. The real thumbs-up will be after we hear the "Tale".

Of course our hero doesn't mention he left LATE and only called me once!

Congrats tough guy!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

He never called be back bncry.gifbncry.gif

He must have spent all his time on the phone with his Huzband lmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

Nice going Phil!!

1089 miles total
is that based on your bike's odometer?? If so you might need to go out and run a few more miles grin.gifgrin.gif

GPS. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Doesn't answer his phone.

Doesn't return calls.

Richard, he ain't.

This is definitly a Ride Tale that won't last. grin.gif

Francois, you're partly right.

This was certainly a BS1K. lmao.giflmao.gif

+1.

Jamie suggested leaving him "obscene" phone messages and that he usually responds to those. I didn't try, so maybe someone other than his wife had luck with those. I didn't try. smile.gif

Glad you made it OK.

And now you see my point about the stock seat. [rubitin] You know, my custom seat that you liked so much was just sitting in my garage looking outside at all the snow... Next time, more than 12 hours notice might prove to your advantage. smile.gif[/rubitin]

Yup, 1k on an ST is definitely doable. (I didn't certify mine, so it never happened. smile.gif ) I personally think it's easier for me than it would be on an RT/GS knowing about MYRP. It's the BBG that I'm not so sure about.

Congrats man. Now learn to answer your phone.

Congrats Phil,It good ya got out of the snow finlly

When Jamie does her's I hope she will go north so I can feed her before she turns around to ride back to you. From your home to mine...500 miles

Congrats Phil,It good ya got out of the snow finlly

When Jamie does her's I hope she will go north so I can feed her before she turns around to ride back to you. From your home to mine...500 miles

Ooh! Now that looks like fun!!!!

Hmmm, let's see, from here to Jamie and Leslie's - 500 miles. From her to your place - 500 miles.

From here to Jamie and Leslie's to yours - that would be 1500 miles!!!! Now that would be a lot of fun!!!!!

Let's see, a BB1500 or a BBG1500????? That is the question.

Honey, we need to talk . . . grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hey, now that's the way to do some IBA rides!!! From one BMWST home to another.

You all know our home will always have the light on for anyone so desirous!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Let's see, Whip called saying he was in MN on business. Didn't call him cause he said he was doing BUSINESS! My bad, clearly our view of what "business" is must be different. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

As for the donut hole, he called from his main exchange number at work so when I called him back, I got his business line answering machine which leads to a GROUP mail box. I guess I should have left a message for your boss, huh?! Go ahead explain that long distance call on the company time/dime!! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Richard, shoot me that Rodney Dangerfield picture. I may need it!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, on a funnier note: VISA called me today. It was their fraud department. They guy on the other line was VERY concerned for my VISA card's well being. He indicated that it had CLEARLY been pilfered and had been used from here to San Diego and back again. All in one day!!!! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

He stated that he knew that was impossible. When I explained the story to him, all I got was silence on the other end for about a minute. He then questioned who I was and had me re-verify my identity through my test questions. He than had me go through "my story" again. He said he would never have thought that this was possible, especially on a motorcycle!!!!

I told him it most certainly was, however; thank you for being concerned for my card's well being!

His closing remark, "Good luck with that motorcycle 'thing' you're doing."

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

VISA called me today. It was their fraud department. They guy on the other line was VERY concerned for my VISA card's well being. He indicated that it had CLEARLY been pilfered and had been used from here to San Diego and back again. All in one day!!!! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

He stated that he knew that was impossible. When I explained the story to him, all I got was silence on the other end for about a minute. He then questioned who I was and had me re-verify my identity through my test questions. He than had me go through "my story" again. He said he would never have thought that this was possible, especially on a motorcycle!!!!

I told him it most certainly was, however; thank you for being concerned for my card's well being!

His closing remark, "Good luck with that motorcycle 'thing' you're doing."

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Funny, I used to have the same conversation with Discover every time I took a trip on the bike... Something about multiple charges at gas stations in a short time.....

As my Discover card gives back 5% on fuel purchases only, I only use the card for gasoline and diesel. I had them note my account that the only time they should raise an eyebrow is if anything other than gas or diesel is charged to the card. Haven't had further contact on the subject since. clap.gif

BTW They did call me when I did my SS1000.....Frezburg - Grants Pass - Frezburg...back in June 2k6. I had to 'splain the whole thing....

Congrats again... Still don't make up for Death Valley.

lmao.gif

skinny_tom (aka boney)

It's not a bad idea to call you CC company ahead of time. Mine has been known to shut it off first, and ask questions later. dopeslap.gif

It's not a bad idea to call you CC company ahead of time. Mine has been known to shut it off first, and ask questions later. dopeslap.gif

Happen to me more than once eek.gif

Phil

Great job on the SS1000. thumbsup.gif

Sooooooo the only one you tried to call was Donut Hole???? smirk.gif

I always knew he was special. tongue.gif

AdventurePoser

Ouch! That is a long way to do a SS-lanesplitting thru the suburbs of LA!

Still sounds like you had a great time. Congratulations on finishing this ride!

When you are ready, lets do a BB!

Cheers,

Steve

I am proud to say that my hubby, 1bmwfan, will be finishing up the Saddlesore 1000 in less than 1 hour.

cAN aNYONE calculate the "miles per minute" on this sweep...?? thumbsup.gifgrin.giflmao.giflmao.gifdopeslap.gif

I am proud to say that my hubby, 1bmwfan, will be finishing up the Saddlesore 1000 in less than 1 hour.

cAN aNYONE calculate the "miles per minute" on this sweep...?? thumbsup.gifgrin.giflmao.giflmao.gifdopeslap.gif

Still....$3.99 a minute.....and she puts you on hold. eek.gif

Congratulations Phil!

Some guys will go to great lengths to see another man's wife for lunch while he's at work. grin.gif

So where's the write up - with photos please! lurker.gif

Way to go Phil! I have a suggestion for your next SS1000 and I don't think this has actually ever been done let alone attempted. You/we could set a new world record and in a whole new 'cat'egory. I think you/we should round up a nice herd of cats and then herd them from Diamond Springs to Whips "ranch." Richard and I could help out as "ranch hands."

I really think that would just be the cats a$$! Or as I like to say the "Schnizel!"

Hee, hee!

Cheers!

smile.gif

Jeez, Bill Allen at least went out for chocolates for his sweety. And you meet Les for a nice....leisurely.....lunch. Hmmm. Was the other smoke eater on duty? Hmmm.

Yeah.

Hey! At least I didn't have to lane split to make it on time. Mine was just a little ride up the coast highway and back. Much more sedate. There should be extra points for lane splitting on a SS1k.

smirk.gif

Way to go Jamie! I have a suggestion for your next SS1000 and I don't think this has actually ever been done let alone attempted. You/we could set a new world record and in a whole new 'cat'egory. I think you/we should round up a nice herd of cats and then herd them from Diamond Springs to Whips "ranch." Richard and I could help out as "ranch hands."

I really think that would just be the cats a$$! Or as I like to say the "Schnizel!"

Hee, hee!

Cheers!

smile.gif

Change that to "Way to go Phil "....and my house is always open and the bar never closes.

Jamie will do her SS1000 next year. thumbsup.gif

Whip

Way to go Phil! I have a suggestion for your next SS1000 and I don't think this has actually ever been done let alone attempted. You/we could set a new world record and in a whole new 'cat'egory. I think you/we should round up a nice herd of cats and then herd them from Diamond Springs to Whips "ranch." Richard and I could help out as "ranch hands."

Hee, hee!

Cheers!

smile.gif

Oops, How do you edit a previous post.

My bad!

Cheers! dopeslap.gif

Oops, How do you edit a previous post.

My bad!

Cheers! dopeslap.gif

Don't worry about it, Todd! You did give praise to the one actually WORTHY of it. Nope, you can't edit it--only got 45 minutes you know! Nope, can't be done! grin.gif
He never called be back bncry.gifbncry.gif

He must have spent all his time on the phone with his Huzband lmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

Nope!

Captain Buttloaf never called me back either.

Nor has he returned any of my PM's.

Till I hear from His Highness, he gets nothin' from me.

lurker.gif

I'm waiting. lurker.gif

Still waiting.

lurker.giflurker.gif

Check your voicemail!!!

I called you ON THE RIDE from Castaic and left a message. Nope!!

No return call!

STILL waiting. Oh, that's right. He went to the "woods", so he says. Squealing like a pig the whole way I have NO doubt!!!

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

He went to the "woods", so he says. Squealing like a pig the whole way I have NO doubt!!!
Smile when you say that, pardner! smile.gif

Hmmmmm, that's better . . . but . . . "He's got a real purty mouth, ain't he?" blush.gif

You two need to seriously get a room, sheeesh! eek.giflmao.gif

Oh, I can't wait till I get in tomorrow & see just when you decided to return my call.

Let's see. I was working all day, & you were doing what?

Oh yeah, buttloafing, & lunching with another mans wife. lurker.gif

Oh, & Jamie, you should see what goes on in the PM playground.

We spare ya'll so much.

Yeah Danny,

Phil called me back after I called him. Several hours later, while I was asleep. I got the message sometime the next afternoon.... I think you were right, he was ignoring you.... smile.gifdopeslap.gif

Archived