IGNORED

BMW Heated Vest?

s3steve

The seller states "BMW specific cord,on-off switch only" in his description. Controllers can be bought from Gerbing, Warm & Safe, etc. depending on the vest plug type.

By the time you have bought a controller for that obsolete vest, you might just as well buy the latest type of vest or invest wisely in a Gerbing model with heated sleeves as well!

I don't thinks it's good value at all. YMMV etc

You can get that vest all day for $159 so the deal on ebay is nothing special. http://ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=2632

I personally like that vest (I wore it today in fact) and find the on off switch is fine. I usually just turn it on a leave it on anyway, however I do agree that a sleeved liner is a better choice if you are spending that type of money. FYI the BMW vest is actually a Widder and they offer a number of different vests with switches or controllers many for for less $$$....

http://www.widder.com/

I bought the same vest quite a bit cheaper than the one shown in my previous post. I just used that as an example so you guys would know which vest I was talking about.

I know a jacket liner would be better but it would have cost me a lot more. Besides I didn't find it cold at all last fall with all the wind protection on the Rt. I'm was used to freezing my nads off on my Gixxer so the vest should be fine for now. If not I can always sell it and buy something better.

I've never used a heated vest before, I always thought they where for wimps! I must have been wrong! Or...... never mind. blush.gif

I have a BMW heated best that I picked up from the BMWMOA flea market. I paid less than half of what that ebay listing is looking for. You may want to shop around more.

I'm very happy with the vest and I've never had a need to have more control than the on/off offers.

I have both the BMW vest and a new Gerbings jacket. If it is extremely cold, the Gerbings work great and give you the capability to interface with heated gloves as well. Anything above 30 degrees, I prefer the BMW vest for much less bulk and I use either a heat controller or the on/off swith. The on/off switch is actually fine for me. The vest keeps my "core" warm and that plus heated grips is sufficient for me at 30+ temps.

I have both the BMW vest and a new Gerbings jacket. If it is extremely cold, the Gerbings work great and give you the capability to interface with heated gloves as well. Anything above 30 degrees, I prefer the BMW vest for much less bulk and I use either a heat controller or the on/off swith. The on/off switch is actually fine for me. The vest keeps my "core" warm and that plus heated grips is sufficient for me at 30+ temps.

Same here. But I'd change the above to 40+ temps. Call me a wimp.

There are times I'd like to have a rheostat for the vest of the jacket, but not very many. The on-off switches are usually fine.

Archived