IGNORED

Brain Fart

sonofdennis

I have a 03 1150 RT that is single spark. I have read about some 4 electrode platinum plugs people use. What is the better plug over the stock plug? I forgot the plug number.

Thanks,

Alan

I found the Platinum+4 4418 to run a little too hot and dropped down to the cooler running 4417 on my '99 1100RT. Now my when I check the spark plugs they are light golden brown on the insulator body and clean at the electrode tip.......Purrrrfect! Either the 4417 or the 4418 give good throttle response and less surge.

3923s may not be the right plug for the 1150. The 1150 takes a different heat range plug from the 1100. As I recall, the 3923 is one step hotter than the correct plug for the 1150. This may or may not make a difference. I'm sure someone will say "Mine hasn't blowed up yet!" YMMV.

3923s may not be the right plug for the 1150. The 1150 takes a different heat range plug from the 1100. As I recall, the 3923 is one step hotter than the correct plug for the 1150. This may or may not make a difference. I'm sure someone will say "Mine hasn't blowed up yet!" YMMV.

David may be right on the 3923s for the 1150. However, that's what I've been using, and as a matter of fact, I've had the same plugs in the bike now for (eek!) 15K miles. I've had no surge problems and after all those miles, they are still nice and tan colored. Red102 can attest to that. I've just done a major service/annual on Artie, and I'm going to keep the old Autolites in for another 6K. I may have to change them soon, but I'm going to test them for a while. As long as I've got no surge (which I suffer from 0 surging) and the bike's running good, I'll see how long I can keep those plugs in there. Mind you, this isn't because I'm too cheap to spring $3.00 for plugs, I'm doing this in the interest of science........and because maybe I am just a little cheap. blush.gif

Archived