IGNORED

Need Help Finding Boots That Fit

Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick

I am a size 11 1/2.

It seems most of the boots I'm interested in have Euro sizing and it usually goes from too small to my foot floating in them.

Plus, I must be narrow in the heel area or something because the boots that fit in the front usually leave my heel floating in the rear. I just can't stand taking a step and having the heel of my foot lift up and up and up while the bottom of the boot, at the heel, is still on the ground.

Doesn't any company make boots for an American size 11 1/2 foot?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Plus, I must be narrow in the heel area or something because the boots that fit in the front usually leave my heel floating in the rear.

When I was being fit for riding boots (horses) a couple of years ago the "boot guy" told me, (without me asking) that the heel should be lifting up and down slightly as I walk. This is how the boot ventilates and keeps the foot cool/dry. A good boot with good socks will not allow blisters and soreness.

(This should be good lurker.gif)

Bates leather will make you a pair , to the outline of your foot. Not all that pricey compared to the high end Sidi boots. Or they will tell you if it looks like your footprint fits one of theur standard sizes. I have a pair over 15 yrs old , not the only boots I ever wear. Mine are unlined and very comfortable. They have a site online that you can get the fitting instuctions and form from.

Kenny_McCormick
Bates leather will make you a pair , to the outline of your foot. Not all that pricey compared to the high end Sidi boots. Or they will tell you if it looks like your footprint fits one of theur standard sizes. I have a pair over 15 yrs old , not the only boots I ever wear. Mine are unlined and very comfortable. They have a site online that you can get the fitting instuctions and form from.

Thanks mucho.

I've spent so much on BMW riding gear and Schuberth helmet that they would have to cost quite a lot for my wife to even notice.

I should have added that it seems most boot makers skip the half sizes in the larger sizes (after 10) and that may be most of the problem. Also, my feet aren't particularily narrow at all past the mid point of my foot.

Kenny_McCormick
This is the only boot I'll wear. thumbsup.gif

http://www.cruiserworks.com/

No afiliation with this company other than a customer

Roger, looks like they have 1/2 sizes so I may give 'em a try. I like the Tour and Defender -- any particular models you can suggest?

By the way, they too say heel slippage is okay but I just can't get used to it.

1st, I find Cruiser Works to be a little wide in the heal.

2nd, Even though Euro sizes don't make a lot of sense at first, Euro made boots will probably fit your narrow foot better. You might want to look at Oxtar and Sidi.

Also, you might find that a good arch support inner sole will help, espicially if you get a 12. The ones that have a heal cup are nice.

Wear GOOD socks- not those cheap Walmart things. Smart Wool socks are great and they have many weights. I just got some of the light weights from Cabelas and they are wonderful and not itchy.

Archived