IGNORED

Site and Hotel Posting Coming Up - Get your rooms now

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to post tomorrow that we will be announcing the site and hotel information for the UnRally on 1/31.

I wanted to give you guys a heads up so you can make your reservations in advance.

Hotel: Quality Inn New River Gorge (304) 574-3443.

We have a block under BMW UnRally. If they don't recognize that please let me know ASAP, so I can talk to the group manager.

Camp Ground: Rivermen 800-545-7238. We also have a group under BMW UnRally with them. Again, if there are any issues let me know so I can work it out before the world starts to call.

The campground ranges from tent sites to luxury cabins. (You can guess what Sylva and I will be staying in.)

The campground has one large luxury cabin that is a fairly central to the grounds. I would like to see if we can't get a good socially oriented group to take that. It sleeps a lot of people, maybe eight or more. It is an ideal place to have a get together on the first and last night if possible. Any takers? Someone want to be the social diva?

Our dates are September 4-6, 2007. I will probably be arriving on 9/3 myself, and departing on the 7th or later.

Please make your reservations so we know they are ready for us.

Thanks,

Mark

PS: Mama Hoon, could you add Bob (1st Shirt) to this forum?

Today was a difficult day. I sat around, staring at the walls, ceiling, whatever. I just sat there. Sat there in amazement because today I was a "SOMEBODY." I didn't know that I was going to be a SOMEBODY, but I was. I found out when Leslie PM'd me to tell me. I was aghast. What had happened? I've been trying to win the Powerball (did win $3.00 once), but really had not held much hope to one day be a SOMEBODY. But here I am, posting in the SOMEBODY’s Forum, just like the rest of you SOMEBODY’s. It's going to be hard to sleep tonight, what with my head filled with all these SOMEBODY thoughts. And tomorrow I will have the pleasure of waking up and still being a SOMEBODY. (Of course I will have to check my pm's to make sure Leslie doesn't take it away frown.gif)

With that said:

Mark, everyone else, please let me (the newest SOMEBODY) know what I can do to help out. I do plan to head up there the first chance I get. Maybe sometime between Korea, Alaska, Japan, Okinawa, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, and others.

Respectfully yours, SOMEBODY (formally FirstShirt aka BOB)

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Hey, who let "SOMEBODY" in? Oh, right that was me.

Bob, welcome aboard. clap.gif I heard you booked your cabin today. Did everything go smoothly? What cabin did you get?

Later,

Mark

Mark;

Thanks for letting me help out, I really look forward after having missed the last three years! Not sure of the name, one of the "Luxury" 109 per night cabins. The girl that helped me was very polite and nice to work with. I wish I had gotten her name, would have liked to thank her when I got there. Sunjoo's calling me for dinner . . . Bob

Usually I don't have many reservations. In this case I made an exception. Res is in at the hotel. We figured that the extra $10 per night for our own bathroom was worth it. It's great that it's an easy walk to the CG (~half a mile). I think we figured half a mile or so. Right now were booked as in on the 3rd and out on the 7th. Nice work on the location Mark and Sylva!

Bob,

You've always been a "Somebody" in my book. Sorry I won't be able to see you at the Un. Can't get that week off work. Guess that's gonna make me a "Nobody." bncry.gif

Sorry, but I think your right. "ANYBODY who's SOMEBODY will be there. And since NOBODY would want to miss the UN and you are missing it, then I guess your a NOBODY. Sorry, but it seems to fit. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I wish you were going to be there. Sunjoo asked me last night if anyone from out Arizona way would be making it. I told her I didn't know yet, but if the Cal folks can make it, surely the AZ folks could! thumbsup.gif

Sorry, but I think your right. "ANYBODY who's SOMEBODY will be there. And since NOBODY would want to miss the UN and you are missing it, then I guess your a NOBODY. Sorry, but it seems to fit. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Well, at least we have this completely clear. NOBODY thinks that Bob is SOMEBODY.

I don't know about the rest of the people from Arizona, but since I work in education, it is difficult to take a week off work during the school year, and they are reluctant to approve any time off attached to a holiday. So no Un for me this year. Guess I may as well just head north to the Canadian Rockies and Hyder, Alaska this summer instead. cool.gif

I just wanted to point out something that Tasker noted:

BEWARE!

I was just told that deposits for hotel rooms are due within two weeks of making the reservation. The deposit is $25 per person in each room and the deposits are non-refundable if the room is cancelled before the event.

Is there any chance that they'll bend on the cancellation penalty? FYI, the hotel's normal cancellation policy is no penalty for cancellations up to 6 p.m., day of arrival.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Hi Mike,

I've already clarified that on the main motel thread. It's a three day cancellation policy.

Mark

Just saw that. Thanks, Mark. FYI, I booked directly with the hotel and this is a cut and paste from my e-mail confirmation: "Cancellation Deadline: If you need to change or cancel this reservation, you may do so up until Tuesday, September 4, 2007, before 6 PM local hotel time. "

I know it's generally different for group events, but thought you might need this info at some point.

Congratulations! . . . Your first big issue! tongue.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Mark;

I had reserved a Lrl Creek Cabin over the phone for $109.00 per night. She said it was one of the luxury cabins, newly renovated. They took my credit card info, deducted a down payment, and sent me a bill showing the remainder, $109.00 per night plus tax. Today I got a new bill, this one stating BMW Sport Touring Group and a rate of $79.00 plus tax. Did you work a big discount or is something else up? I was going to call, but they are closed weekends and I leave next week for Alaska (can you say -25F! crazy.gif), and Japan. Won't be able to call them until March. Was just curious what discounts they might be giving us. Thanks, Bob.

Today I got a new bill, this one stating BMW Sport Touring Group and a rate of $79.00 plus tax. Did you work a big discount or is something else up?

I got the the same price of $109,no discounts.Maybe it will be in mail today. tongue.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Back from my month long trip. It's sooooo good to be home. It was -38F when we got off the plane in Fairbanks. They showed us a favorite trick up north. They poured a hot cup of coffee, and then went outside and tossed it in the air. It froze before it even began to fall back to the ground. Amazing it can be that cold.

I just wanted to check in and remind the Powers That Be that I am standing by ready to assist. I did talk to the camp grounds again today and she said I was in the Lower Meadow Cabin. Not sure what that means, I guess there must be a Upper Meadow Cabin. thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone is doing well - take care and stay safe, Bob.

Archived