IGNORED

Rain Gloves

Rotor

Anyone tried the Aerostich Tripple Digit Rain Gloves? If so, pros and cons? I get caught way too often and would like a pair of rain gloves that will keep me dry and still allow function. Other recommendations welcome!

I have them. They're not *totally* waterproof, but will survive light rains. We rode 10 hours in a monsoon and they eventually leaked a few hours in. It's because they're breathable. I believe the only waterproof gloves are rubber gloves, then you have to be concerned about your sweat building up underneath. Your choice of the lesser of two evils.

P.S. Great windblockers though!

John:

Well I had a pair of the gloves you mentioned and didn't like them. The fit was lousy and they aren't truly waterproof. Living in the Northwest we need waterproof. I came across a vendor at a motorcyle meeting last summer and bought a pair of mitts from him that are waterproof, excellent construction, rubber type palms, reflective tape and I paid half of what the triple digits cost. Try www.adventuremotorcycle.com. YMMV

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product...r-Men-and-Women

A bit warm with the liners in but very water proof without being bulky or clammy, never a drop of rain has made it inside in my experience...FYI, I typically wear a large but wear a medium in these....Also their are typically online codes out there for additonal discounts from this vendor...the following is from a previous thread about Sierra Trading Post with regards to their discounts...

If you're gonna be buying from sierratradingpost, you can get 20% off using the keycode 52044 for a couple more days. Basically, you should ALWAYS be getting 10% off there. Check out http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messagev...&lastpage=1 when the above one expires.

In my opinion, the Aerostich Triple Digits are great for someone who doesn't ride in rain every day. I like that they are made of Gortex and breathe. I also tried the Rain Off gloves(which do not breathe) from New Zealand. They felt very clumsy to me, so returned them. The Triple Digits don't take up space, do the job nicely, and I don't need to carry a second set of gloves.

The lack of any "traction" in the palms and fingers makes it very difficult to use the throttle. I use them for emergency only. I would never buy them again. They're terrible in my opinion because I can't control the throttle.

I have them and like em. The reason they leak for some is that water can run down your sleeves into the gloves. Mine have never leaked from the outside and I've ridden with them for hours at a time in the rain. If they are "cuffed" into your outer rain wear, they shouldn't leak.

They are also nice for extreme cold when worn over winter gloves. Keeping two fingers together keeps your hands warmer than when separated.

I've worn the "lobster claws" for hours in driving rain and I also only got leaking from a space between the glove and the sleeve. I agree with Steve--no leaks when they're inside the sleeve. They are very helpful in the cold and I had no problem with the controls. I wear them over leather gloves.

I've got the Aerostitch "lobster claws" and have had no problems with them. They pack small, and obviate the need for a second set of gloves. I've never had any water infiltration and I've used them in some pretty severe storms lasting hours. They do, however, take a little getting used to, but a little perseverance pays off.

The gloves I really dislike are the ones with a Gortex (or similar) lining that get absolutely soaked on the outside, and end up weighing a ton, and taking hours and hours to dry properly.

• 3 months later...

Archived