IGNORED

Greg Smith's "Pro Cycle" bike lift

johnlt

My Pro Cycle bike lift arrived today and was unloaded on my driveway. It came on an 8 foot pallet and even with two of us and a manual fork lift, it was still very difficult to get onto the hydraulic tailgate lift of the truck. Once on the lift gate, it was lowered and we horsed it off onto my driveway and it was left for me alone to unpack and assemble. Not much assembly required, just the wheel clamp, wheels and airhose switch assembly but turning it over was a real bear. I called for some help from my grandson but figured how how to do it before he arrived. When you get older, you may loose some strength, but you do get wiser and I just attached some long 2X4s for levers and was able to turn it over myself. From there it went smoothly. At 500 pounds, even with a supplied dolly to move it around, it is still difficult. Pulling it works much easier than pushing and unfortunately to get it in my garage where I need it, I had to push it. Anyway, I got in in there and it works great. I haven't put my RT on it yet but I did my KLX250 and with my compressor hooked up, it lifts it up to 33 inches just fine. Excellent quality and very stable (sometimes weight is a good thing). I haven't personally looked at or used the others but from what I can tell by looking over this one and using it just a couple times. I'm very happy. It is really built solid with heavy guage diamond stamp steel table surface. Now I have no excuse not to work on my own bikes.

It came to a little over $800 including shipping, the Black Jack 100 aux jack to lift the bike when on the lift, wheel clamp and special dolly for moving the Pro Cycle. The aux jack is very nice in and of itself with several different adaptors for lifting frame or engine areas of the bike. It is basically a heavy duty sissor jack with various adaptors. It weighs ~50# by itself. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I got the same thing from the West Coast vendor this last fall. It was a bit cheaper, but came without the Blackjack jack and dolly. I also had a hard time flipping the thing over. Its a great product. Its the best addition to my garage since I bought a roll-away toolbox 20+ years ago. The only negative that some may comment on is that its made in China.

Ok, attached is a pic of what I received on my driveway. It includes the lift, wheel clamp, Black Jack with additional adaptors (adaptors on ground), dolly for moving lift and an air-adjustable-hight stool for ~$850 total including shipping to my door.

800489-ProLift.JPG.2e8a9954a480b257ffffba723162eaad.JPG

Ok, attached is a pic of what I received on my driveway. It includes the lift, wheel clamp, Black Jack with additional adaptors (adaptors on ground), dolly for moving lift and an air-adjustable-hight stool for ~$850 total including shipping to my door.

800489-ProLift.JPG

Gonna build a garage around that pad before the heat of summer? grin.gif

Nice snow for Tucson by the way!

Jim cool.gif

Ok, attached is a pic of what I received on my driveway.

- great looking setup!

- anybody know what a kidney is worth these days?

- ebill <- serious lift envy

Archived