IGNORED

Totaled the new bike!

X_BamaCop

Could not afford a BMW right now and had a little speed itch! Bought a new CBR1000RR! I figured that would do the trick as far as the need for speed and get me around the central part of my state for my new job! WOW it was fast and a lot of fun but made me miss the RT in ways! One it was very hard to keep the thing below triple digits and I value my license!

I am in the middle of a big custody battle for my 3 and 6 year old girls. The wife of 10 years who is 31 this week ran of with a 23 year old who locked his wife and 3 year old out of his home. Nasty stuff! I mention it as I can think of no other reason for what happened to my new bike!

I pulled out of my neighborhood and noticed a car catching up and thought a car catch me on this no way it is a good reason to turn the throttle a little! I did but slowed back down by a school! The guy caught up and looked like a buddy of mine from high school. He pulled by me at the light in his older Accord. He said something like I heard about your new bike and I have not seen you for awhile. Well he asked me to follow him and pull over to catch up. I pulled into a church parking lot, got off the bike and then as I was pulling my helmit off I heard his engine and squelling wheels! I knew this was not good so I jumped on the bike to run knowing his old accord could not catch me. I hit the start button but forgot that all important key. Too late now he had built up a lot of speed in this big circle and was right at me now. I jumped on the seat and then as far forward and as high as I could as he ramed the parked bike with me in the air! Knocked the pieces of the bike 60 feet! I am lucky to be here and hoping the reason for this was not what I fear! I was able to get the tag number but of coarse it did not belong to the car or driver! Still in shock!!!!!

While I'm glad you're able to post this, I hope further, that the S.O.B that ran you down, as well as the low life that hired him, are caught & prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

But, if they aren't, just let us know.

We are a family after all.

And we take care of our own.

It could have been just a guy who was high or wanted to run a motorcycle over or something! It is hard to think of what it could be other than what it seems. The law here in Alabama is backward and way behind the times. Even with several people who saw it all happen there is no such thing as attempted murder here and it was all written up as a private property accident since I was not injured! It was no accident!

HUH!?!?

I grew up in Alabama.

I was witness to some whacky stuff, but I don't get what you're talking about.

That just ain't right. dopeslap.gif

( Shut up, Phil. Nobody asked you!)

Hmmmmm...keep us posted on this. It would seem that htere is something rotten in Denmark..or at least Alabama. And I might check my insurance policy to see who is still my bennies!!!! eek.gif

You must have pissed him off big time at school otherwise! grin.gif, but isn't this partially an occupational hazard?

In fear of hijacking thread, I ask anyway. Do you carry a gun? (I only ask since you're in "Law Enforcement")

Road rage appears to be on the increase in the UK and I still find it amazing when cagers don't give way to filtering bikes in stationary traffic, then get pissed when you do pass them. I had a guy follow me off the M'Way recently and threw an absolute torrent of abuse at me for filtering past him. At this point I too snapped and gave chase (hunted becomes hunter etc.), to offer some wise words of advice and explain how he made three illegal moves versus my none!, thankfully he locked his doors and shut his eyes till I left.

Was your's a road rage or just mistaken identity?

Glad you got out of it anyway, sounds like a rather irrational cager you came across.

It could have been just a guy who was high or wanted to run a motorcycle over or something! It is hard to think of what it could be other than what it seems. The law here in Alabama is backward and way behind the times. Even with several people who saw it all happen there is no such thing as attempted murder here and it was all written up as a private property accident since I was not injured! It was no accident!

Alabama State Law most certainly DOES recognize Attempted Murder (See AL Criminal Code Section 13A-4-2 defining "Attempt" and classifying it as an A Felony if the attempted crime is murder)! You can look up the State Criminal Code (Title 13) at: http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/coatoc.htm

Unless you've got more culpability in this tale than you are sharing, I'd say you need to march right down to the local police station (or the DA's office) and insist that this situation be investigated!

If they can identify the individual (I'm assuming you got a decent look at him), the SOB should be arrested for attempted murder or at the very least aggravated assault for putting you at risk of serious bodily injury or death! blush.gif

I will be revisiting the Sheriff office and DA and I am no longer a cop. I took another job in which I could better provide for my girls as a single father. It was not the guy from school I though it was. I hope it was road rage and not the other as I will probably not win custody of my girls in court. Custody almost always goes to the mother unless there is serious neglect issues. There is in my mind but I have to wait for the court. The law does exsist but is not enforced without injury in this state. I also heard from the insurance company who took my payment before the grace period but after the accident. They now say that the period does not exsist except for passenger vehicles as they put it but the final determination is yet to be determined.

Might be a good idea to stop posting. Maybe even had a mod delete this thread for your safety. A good attorney can get this and any statements you make here and use them to their advantage. This is for the accident and child custody. Just looking out for you.

A very similar situation took place on adv rider and a dude lost his job.

Good luck to you!

I SWEAR to Gumby I need an interpretor. Anyone??

Is this the same cat who hid in the closet while his future ex wife was gettin' jiggy with some other dood (cop??) and couldn't handle life blah blah blah???

Help....

I hope further, that the S.O.B that ran you down, as well as the low life that hired him, are caught & prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

But, if they aren't, just let us know.

We are a family after all.

And we take care of our own.

Yeah, you gotta picture of the rascal? I say we go get'im!

And Hehy, since this is in AL, we can make it Beemers, Beers, Brats, and Beatings! BBB&B!

I SWEAR to Gumby I need an interpretor. Anyone??

Is this the same cat who hid in the closet while his future ex wife was gettin' jiggy with some other dood (cop??) and couldn't handle life blah blah blah???

Help....

This seems totally whacked. Not that I haven't seen some whacked stuff, but maybe the story was not written with all the info. Any photos of the bike?

Kaisrthumbsup.gif

Might be a good idea to stop posting. Maybe even had a mod delete this thread for your safety. A good attorney can get this and any statements you make here and use them to their advantage. This is for the accident and child custody. Just looking out for you.

I've suggested this to our Bama-Cop friend nearly a half dozen times in the past, but he persists in this nonsense. As great a guy as he probably is in real life, he has a consistently hard time understanding life in internet land and I no longer have any sympathy for the pain that's going to come from public indiscretion.

I've suggested this to our Bama-Cop friend nearly a half dozen times in the past, but he persists in this nonsense. As great a guy as he probably is in real life, he has a consistently hard time understanding life in internet land and I no longer have any sympathy for the pain that's going to come from public indiscretion.

Reaching out to a friendly community?

We all have something in common here, but sympathy and consolation needs to come from closer sources.

If there are questions about where to get replacement parts, how to fix something, etc., this is the right place.

I take my personal problems to Marty Hill and he just tells me to ride...problem solved dopeslap.gif

I know the feeling, when David deleted one of my post when I went ramp cause of work. No place to share how you feel. Once I thought about it, I thank David for the delete and it was stupid for me to post. I could've 100% right, but this no place to air dirty landry.

I'm not sure what happened here, but I'm glad you're ok. Do I have this right, you heard a guy in a car say something to you out of his car window while you where riding your bike? What you've got Superman hearing?

Dear X_BamaCop,

I can only imagine how your life must feel like it's you against the world these days and I truly believe that your friends here care very much. You and I have had this conversation privately and now I ask...no exhort you, in public, to be more discreet with what you choose to post in the public forum, I say once more, that anyone can read what is said here and that is not to your advantage. I say this "out loud" so to speak, so that you and others might better understand that it's important to be stingey with details about your personal woes in such a public place--especially when there are such sensitive legal issues involved. I do have sympathy for your need to talk to someone but in your case, with so much riding on the line, go directly to a trusted friend or better yet your pastor or counselor with whom you have some assurance that the whole world won't be privy to information that could have such a great effect on your life.

Archived