IGNORED

r1200rt owners manual

r2d2

anyone know where the owner manual might be found? i am an english speaker and just got my bike in france - cant read the french manual that came with the bike.

the only online stores i found with the manual in the uk and usa wont ship out of the country and bmw france wont supply the manual in english.

if anyone has scanned theirs and posted it somewhere it would be great

many thanks, i tried them already. got this answer:

Hi sir.

Thank you and Happy New Year to you.

We do not have that handbook available and we suggest on this occasion you will have to ask your local dealer.

Regards from Peter Locke

Moto-Bins Online

World-Wide independent supplier of parts for BMW Motorcycles

Hepco & Becker Equipment UK Importers

these guys in the usa have them : www.ascycles.com but wont ship overseas

i agree on the copywrite issue - but if bmw dont want to sell the thing

you are a gent - but that is the workshop manual :

COMPLETE BMW CD Rep ROM WORKSHOP MANUAL COVERS MODELS:- R1200GS, R1200RT & R1200ST (includes USA MODELS). ISSUED 11/04. FOR WINDOWS NT/2000>

i wouldnt dream of asking for a copy of this

what i want is the little book that comes with the bike for free. as you can see from the email from the nice man at motobins, they cant get it

the little book i want is this one if anyone knows where i can buy it internationally i would appreciate it :

http://www.ascycles.com/images/products/01477680907.jpg

ascycles sell it for $26.00 - i am happy to pay this and the shipping, but they wont ship it out of the usa

I am so sorry. I need to slow down and read the entire question before I try to answer. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Let me check with our local dealer and see if I can get a copy for you.

Here in Canada we get both English, and French, manuals with our bikes. Obviously, though, you don't want another French one. lmao.gif

I don't understand why your BMW dealer in France can't just order an English version. On second thought, that sounds like the typical bureaucratic answer that you'd get there. They are the masters of bureacracy, after all.

Keep us posted.

anyone know where the owner manual might be found? i am an english speaker and just got my bike in france - cant read the french manual that came with the bike.

Of the 170 pages in the manual, not all that many have real value, at least if you're familiar with earlier BMW. Over the past 15 years I've seen a dumbing down of info in the OM and a whole lot more litigation deflection commentary. Still you should be able to place an order at any BMW Moto dealership - The part number on my 3rd (US) edition of R12RT manual is 01477704057 6/06. In the states a mfr is obligated to provide an OM on request for a small cost.

thanks all

lucky: i had an r100cs from 1983 to 1992 and a k1100rs from 1994 to this month when i got the r1200rt. not much from these experiences is helping me with some of those pages in the manualwink.gif

i will be in munich this week and hope to at least pick one up in german

also, just riding the bike is enough, the esa and board computer are not so daunting i guess

Of the 170 pages in the manual, not all that many have real value, at least if you're familiar with earlier BMW. Over the past 15 years I've seen a dumbing down of info in the OM and a whole lot more litigation deflection commentary.

For sure. IIRC, the owner's manual for my 1976 R75/6 detailed tuneup and valve adjustment procedures so I learned to do them. Needing more luggage capacity for two up touring, I finally replaced it with an '82 GoldWing and by that time, the OM replaced the service info with important warnings like: "Do not lock the forks while riding."

I'm still wondering if some idiot actually tried it!

I had a similar problem in that I needed to replace a "lost" manual. My dealer did a check and the replacement cost was $150 and they were on back order. Fortunately, I found mine before resorting to the purchase. Good luck with your search.

I had a similar problem in that I needed to replace a "lost" manual. My dealer did a check and the replacement cost was $150 and they were on back order. Fortunately, I found mine before resorting to the purchase. Good luck with your search.

You must mean the repair/maintenance CD, don't you? Are you talking about anR12Rt manual? An owner's manual is something like $26, if I recall?

Hello,

I have one I can send you if your willing to cover mailing/shipping costs. It's an '05 RT(US Model) Rider's Manual. I was in a motorcycle accident in mid December and my bike was declared totalled. I signed over the bike to the insurance company, but I still have the manual(and the crappy tool kit)

I Private messaged your account about this, but maybe you haven't noticed the blinking envelope toward the top of the window next to your log-in name

thanks james, have been looking at the forum (on another computer) without logging in so missed the pm notice dopeslap.gif

sorry to hear about the demise of your machine - hopefully you are ok!

have used pm to send my details, lets do it!

I'm not sure my PM got through to you. The manual is on it's way and should arrive 4-6 days. Don't worry about the shipping cost; it was much less than I would have assumed.

But if you are overcome by guilt, just donate some money to an animal rescue organization thumbsup.gif.

Archived