IGNORED

Zumo File Transfer Help

tobyzusa

I’m sure these are “user issues”, but could use some help.

I downloaded the Hill Country Routes to my PC (think there were about six of them) in GPX format. I then went to upload them from Mapsourse to the Zumo using the Transfer/Send to Device function. After uploding all six files (one at a time) and going to the Zumo, I get the expected; “You have new files to process, would you like to upload them now?” message. I hit, Yes, and the only route that gets uploaded is the last of the six. Can I only transfer one at a time and then I’m required to import it in the Zumo, before transferring and processing additional files? This doesn’t seem right.

So since I was struggling with the above, I copied the same 6 files to the SD card in the Zumo. I can see the card on the PC and copy the files to it. When I take the Zumo out of Mass Storage mode (disconnect the USB cable), the Zumo doesn’t see the six files to process. I can “Share” existing routes from the Zumo to the SD card, I can see the SD card on the PC as a drive, but I can’t seem to read from the card to the Zumo. Again, since this doesn’t make sense, I’m sure I’m just displaying my lack of proficiency.

Lastly, not related to the above issues, I now get a slash through the Locale icon, on the top menu bar of the Home screen. Everything seems to be working fine, but I can’t make this unwanted icon disappear from the top of the main, home screen. Any suggestions? smile.gif

None of the Garmin GPS's that I have used allow you to access routes on the removable media. I'm not surprised that the Zumo has the same restriction.

Stan

Stan, then I'm confused. Thought the purpose of the removable media was to be able to "Share" routes between GPS units? At least that's what the "thinly written" documentation says.

I deleted my earlier post after reviewing the user manual for the ZUMO. My bad.

There is a section of the user manual devoted to managing files. I assume you have read and tried this? If so, I would suggest a call to Garmin.

Stan

I have seen this issue in the forum that rthunt is referring you to. I think it is a bug. You have to try again, and then it should see all of the routes.

Archived