IGNORED

Has anyone in UK fitted Touratech or Wunderlich replacement seats to R1200RT?

graemer57

Am finally going to bite the bullet. Have sold my Airhawk cushion and am going to replace the rubbish seat on my R12RT.

Like what I've read about the Wunderlich and Touratech seats so am thinking about them. Anyone got any experiences? I have heated seats and want direct replacement that use the BMW heat controls. Also my wife finds passenger seat to be ok, so anyone just replaced the rider's seat? Also contemplated the Sargent seats but they seem way more expensive!

Graeme,

I went with the Touratech "Kahedo" seat, both driver & passenger, on my '05 R1200RT and couldn't be happier. Comfortable without taking away from the lines of the bike. Check 'em out; I think you'll be plesantly surprised.

Even though Touratech UK wasn't able to sell them to me (Touratech (Germany) Headquarters apparently mandates you can buy only from the Touratech Franchise in your own country if one is available), a guy by the name of Nick Plumb from the Touratech store in Neath, England http://www.touratech.de/Shop_uk/enter.html couldn't have been more helpful.

There are several options (heated, trade-in, both or only one seat, three different heights, etc...) and Nick walked me through them all via e-mail, so I knew exactly what to order, even though I couldn't buy from him. Great guy to deal with! thumbsup.gif

Go to the address above, select "BMW" from the left-hand column, select "R1200RT" from the page that appears (under the picture on the right side) then opt for "Seats". You'll see several selections applicable to your bike.

Best of luck in your search smile.gif

I have also bought the Touratech Heated Riders Seat for my 2006 RT and am very pleased with it. Taking delivery of a 2007 model next week and will obviously use the seat on the new bike - may even purchase a heated passenger seat for 'my world' in the near future.

George...

How well does the Touratech drivers seat fit with the stock pillion seat?

Do the color and materials match between the two?

Larry,

Bought mine thru a friend in France who in turn shipped them to me. Another Board member from England offered to do the same when I first started looking.

Have heard since that you can order thru Touratech-USA but be prepared for a "longish" wait for delivery no matter where you purchase.

Also, Touratech USA doesn't (or didn't) stock these so they weren't very knowledgeable about the Touratech "Kahedo" seats; (as you can see here there are several options) so know exactly what you want them to order.

If you want to know more specifics about the seat(s) before buying or they can't get it for you, PM me and I'll see if I can help.

Good luck, it's a great seat! thumbsup.gif

Fitted a heated touratech and kept the stock pillion seat and they look fine together however the material texture is slightly different. If you need a picture I will try to post one for you. Only done 200 miles on the new seat but already it is proving much more comfortable and no numb bum! Only drawback was the long long wait between order and delivery although touratech did apologise for this.

Post a pic if you wouldn't mind. I think this is the route I'll be going. In Canada we have to order from a dealer in Calgary. Before I order I'd like to see the Touratech front and a stock rear seat to see if I can live it or order both front & rear seats and bite the bullet!

Here are a couple of pictures which show the difference in texture of the seats. Overall I think they are ok together although not perfect. If you like I can email much better quality pics

804354-_NPT1085-01.jpg.1a191e8e049c29d2d7c8dd4adaf22c95.jpg

Post a pic if you wouldn't mind. I think this is the route I'll be going. In Canada we have to order from a dealer in Calgary. Before I order I'd like to see the Touratech front and a stock rear seat to see if I can live it or order both front & rear seats and bite the bullet!

Here you go!! thumbsup.gif

804450-IMG_0981.JPG

804450-IMG_0981.JPG.89879c2214a6ada20c568ffb74c08f39.JPG

Looks like some wonderful Nottingham sunshine in that pic George, same up in East Yorkshire today. I guess I wont like global climate change so much when my garage is under 10 foot of water!

Archived