IGNORED

2005 1150RT??

waylap

I have one.

I've heard about 250 were sold in the US in 2005. This was being done while production of the 1200 was being spun-up. It's identical to the 2004 model except that it is much faster clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif.

Thanks Toby. Wish I had the 05 then. Probably going to be a collector item. I thought I had bought the last year of the traditional style. Mine's black though which cuts through the wind better.

Bill smirk.gif

I have a 2005 R1150RT. Dealer called BMWNA just to make sure a titling error had not been made, and they said about 250 of the bikes were made, and that they were legitimately 2005 models. I doubt very seriously that this will ever make them a collectors item.

I have a 2005 R1150RT. Dealer called BMWNA just to make sure a titling error had not been made, and they said about 250 of the bikes were made, and that they were legitimately 2005 models. I doubt very seriously that this will ever make them a collectors item.

Maybe not a collector's item, but certainly the last of the best looking bikes ever made. And FWIW, I've done several unbiased tests, and I've found that the red ones are the fastest, unless there's a blue one nearby. grin.gifgrin.gif

I have a good friend who rides a red 1150, & I must agree it is much faster than mine. Heck, about the only time I see any of the red is from his tail light waaaaaay up ahead. I keep accusing him of having a nitrous bottle hidden away somewhere. That boy can ride his Beemer!

Archived