IGNORED

Home made break out box

Lineareagle

I needed a break out box, fuse splitter and seeing as how I was going to replace my battery I thought I would go ahead and make one up while I had the tupperware off.

Box is 1/2" x 2 x 3.

5 inline fuse blocks

connector blocks

Devcon 2 part adhesive and an hour of time.

Note this is for an '04 1150 RT.

I offset the fuses to enable the box to sit on the filter cover and the fuses stick up into the large groove in the underside of the seat pan, had to do that because my Day Long is on the low seat setting, as well the box doesn't slide around and is nice and secure.

Here is what she looks like closed up

123453506-M.jpg

Here are the parts

123453573-M.jpg

Here is the assembly

123454477-M.jpg

Here is the install

123453550-M.jpg

No warranty implied or given thumbsup.gif

Here is a quick list of the parts:

(5) ATC Holder with cap - available at Parts Express

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl...FTOKEN=17812405

(1) Project box 4.4 x 3.2 x .9 local electronic store.

(1) Flex terminal Block 12pole screw style - also local electronic store.

(5) fuses to suit.

A bit 'o wire and some devcon or 2 part adhesive to bond everything to the bottom of the box.

Silicon was put around the fuse holders and the lid installed with adhesive tape to keep the silicon from sticking to the lid. The fuse holders also have caps which when all put together is tight enough to stop any errant splashes from getting in the box.

The box size is critical to positioning the end result. Make sure it will go where you want it to go.

A little rustic for some of you super farkle types but a fun little project while the snow flies. wave.gif

Al Navecky Jr
Here is a quick list of the parts:

(5) ATC Holder with cap - available at Parts Express

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl...FTOKEN=17812405

(1) Project box 4.4 x 3.2 x .9 local electronic store.

(1) Flex terminal Block 12pole screw style - also local electronic store.

(5) fuses to suit.

A bit 'o wire and some devcon or 2 part adhesive to bond everything to the bottom of the box.

Silicon was put around the fuse holders and the lid installed with adhesive tape to keep the silicon from sticking to the lid. The fuse holders also have caps which when all put together is tight enough to stop any errant splashes from getting in the box.

The box size is critical to positioning the end result. Make sure it will go where you want it to go.

A little rustic for some of you super farkle types but a fun little project while the snow flies. wave.gif

Thanks I ordered the parts and added a 30AMP rely so I can have switched power also.

In the last picture you can see a 30 amp relay just to the top left.

I use it with my heated vest and installed a switch on the 'dash' which is lit when on. My vest is not rheostated so have to be able to flip it on and off. Plus I don't like hot wires hanging around.

My next project is an led battery monitor, will post later.

Archived