IGNORED

anyone using a wayfinder digital compass and is so any opinions

majordad

I saw the V7000 while looking for a digital temperature gauge and became interested in the compass feature too. anyone have one and how accurate are all the parameters it measures?

Is it one of those ones that sense the earth's magnetic field? If so, the experience of them in general on bikes has been dismal. Not enough metal to establish a reference plane.

I have been looking for a good, reliable, CHEAP compass so I will be interested to see what replies you get here. I have the Show Chrome temp/volt/clock unit (which for $22 I am surprisingly happy with) but I am still in search of a compass. Good luck in your search!

Jerry Johnston

The cheapest GPS will give you a compass that is surerior to any of the magnetic compasses and give you a better speedometer as well.

The cheapest GPS will give you a compass that is surerior to any of the magnetic compasses and give you a better speedometer as well.

Not so. Most GPS will give you a compass heading, but only while you are moving. Once you stop, no more compass headings. Some also have a built in electronic compass (Garmin 76S, 76CSx for example) that let you stand still and get compass readings.

Archived