IGNORED

Garmin 2720 vs. 2730?

AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser

The only difference between the two is the built in XM with the 2730, as near as I can tell from looking at the website.

I'd like opinions on either of these units for my R1200RT. It would be mated up with an Autocom Active Plus system with dual headsets.

Many thanks....the choices for GPS are many....

Steve in So Cal

2720 if you source your music from another option. I love my 2720 and it does everything well. Plugs right into the autocom for the turn by turn stuff.

I'll gladly drop it in the mail and let you run it for a while. thumbsup.gif Nothing like a test ride to seal the deal!

AdventurePoser
2720 is real cheap Here $608

Thanks for the link, and the information, boys...I recently bought a Roady XT, hardwire cable and mount from Cycle Gadgets, so that'll be mounted on the left handlebar.

The 2720 looks like the way to go for me.

Steve in So Cal

I have a 2720 for sale with sand bag mount, speaker/cord and whatever else is supposed to come in the box....$500.

I recently went up to a 2730 because I wanted built-in XM and weather info.

Both units are great. No difference in GPS performance.

Let me know if you are interested.

rvb100@comcast.net

Rocket_Cowboy

Biggest difference ... the 2720 has NONE of the music options that the 2730. Not only is it missing XM, it doesn't have the MP3 support.

I bought the 2730 because I was tired of having Delphi radios blow up on me, plus waterproofing them was becoming a pain. The 2730 allowed me to simplify my setup.

Now ... if you aren't worried about the music offerings, I'd recommend a refurb'ed 2610 with a 2GB CF card. I actually like the user interface more on the 26xx line ... it allows more granular adjustments than the 27xx. Just another thought on how to save a little dough.

AdventurePoser
I have a 2720 for sale with sand bag mount, speaker/cord and whatever else is supposed to come in the box....$500.

I recently went up to a 2730 because I wanted built-in XM and weather info.

Both units are great. No difference in GPS performance.

Let me know if you are interested.

rvb100@comcast.net

Roy, I sent you an email and PM.

Steve

Archived