IGNORED

DVD Check In Here...

Gleno

Real cold, Real bikes, Real gear, Real riders, REAL GOOD...

I'm home about 30 minutes now. Warm wife waiting, grandkids that missed Papa, and one of 2 little mutts with some serious gas.

Great stuff guys. Can't wait for the next one. DV was just beautiful yesterday. Crisp and clean. No worries, no issues, no drama. Just another great ST weekend. BTW...no complaints about an FJR that makes a little extra heat. grin.gif

Twas 18 when we got up in Pahrump this am, and 23 here in Mayberry. Felt like high single digits over mountain pass, so, I just wicked it and got it over with. Can't say enough about good gear.

Continued love and warmest healing wishes to Leslie. We missed you sweets. Warmth sent to the rest who missed also. See you all in Torrey...

With the weather looking cold, I went up to the Saddle West Thursday doing DV on the way up. DV is on the way for me and is usually a day ride from home. Saw a few of the gang Thursday evening and then dinner and early to bed. Friday was a hang around, read and eat day. Popped into the party Friday night but everyone seemed busy talking at the bar and that not being my scene I went out to dinner and was in bed by 9. Since I went early I packed up Saturday morning and rode the scenic way home. I was nice and warm riding but it was cold at home and I spent the rest of the day winterizing the motorhome. I was a day late and there was already some damage. In 12 years living up here I've never had to drain and antifreeze the m/h pipes but it was 16 degrees the last 2 nights.

In by 1:30. Zero traffic on the 15. Don't know if it was beating the Vegas traffic out of town, if people were waiting for it to warm up or the 3 day weekend that did it, but it was nice. Thanks again everyone for a great weekend.

Just made it home from DVD. thumbsup.gif This was my first big trip (big to me anyway)and it was nice to finally put faces to the names on the board. I would like to especially thank Richard for taking me under his wing and also lending me a Gerbings controller...Thanks RICHARD!!! YOU DA MAN! I would also like to thank Greg for the use of his Jacket liner YOU DA MAN! The weather was cool but sunny every day which made for some awesome riding. I would also like to thank Tom for taking all the time and effort to make this a great event!!

I am sorry Leslie got sick and that I could not meet her. frown.gif I hope and pray you will recover quickly.

Oh I have to say one thing to Leslie...Happy Birthday!! (Those of you that were there know what that means)

All in All this was a lot of FUN and glad I did it! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

AdventurePoser

Hi all,

It was great riding up with our "Chaparral Riders." No ice, crystal clear skies and COLD. Made it to Baker to meet Wurty and Gleno. Couldn't bring myself to drink a strawberry shake. Did I mention it was COLD?? dopeslap.gif

After an invigorating ride into Pahrump and settling into a room, it was off to socialize. Terrific getting to know you all. I won't remember everyone's name, so I won't even try, but I know I made some new friends that I am eager to see again! thumbsup.gif

Saturday was a long wait for breakfast, but an enjoyable time. Afterwards I went out to the RT and tried crankin' her over. Barely started, with the thermometer reading 17 degrees...

As I was feeling a bit under the weather with some cold/flu symptoms I figured I'd get on the road. Which I did by 1100. Back down to Baker I flew with temps in the low 20s, then onto Barstow and CA 58.

I rode over Tehachapi pass then down to CA 223. Absolutely stunning; the low sun turned the endless grass into a shimmering patina of gold as far as the eye could see. And, as an added bonus, the temps warmed up into the high 30s and low 40s! thumbsup.gif

Feeling better now I spurred the RT onto CA 166 and rode through New Cuyama (whatever happened to Old Cuyama I want to know?) and down to CA 101.

Making excellent time, I arrived in Pismo just to see the sun, an incredible red orb drop into the sea, which was an unbelievable cobalt blue. Thinking I'd had enough, I found an M6, a hot shower, and food, in that order.

This morning I zipped down 101 and over CA 154 to scout out a few routes for my next "In Search of."

I was home by 2:00 p.m.

PIX? Not a chance, it was too effin' cold to stop. blush.gif

Again, it was great seeing all the old faces, and the new ones too. You are an incredible group of individuals; superb riders, and even better people. Till next time,

Steve in So Cal

Feeling a little like a popsicle but Gary and I pulled in around 4:30. Took the long way home through Kelso, Amboy, Elisnore and over the Ortega.

Had a great time even though it was a mite cold but still beautiful sunny days. Thanks to Tom for doing it all for us. Really had a great time at the reception dinner. Got to meet new friends and old. What a great bunch of folks.

Leslie hope you're feeling better but I'm sure your honey bunny is taking real good care of you. Maybe after a few weeks we can get a Get Well Ride to Leslie's house...azkaisr can you take care of organizing it for us? grin.gif

Hey Steve

How things change?????????????

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:

"Here is your chance to tell the world when you DON'T get on the bike!

I'll start...

I don't ride when....it's below 48 degrees outside!

Steve in So Cal

Quote:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steve

You knew it was coming.

Whip

BTW....Sorry I wasn't there.

AdventurePoser
Hey Steve

How things change?????????????

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:

"Here is your chance to tell the world when you DON'T get on the bike!

I'll start...

I don't ride when....it's below 48 degrees outside!

Steve in So Cal

Quote:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steve

You knew it was coming.

Whip

BTW....Sorry I wasn't there.

Whip, hope the leg is getting along ok! We missed you too! This weekend merely solidified my thoughts on cold weather riding. I still think 48 is my limit, but I might be induced to stretch that a bit for good friends, riding, food, and fun! clap.gif

See you at Torrey.

Steve

ps-Gonna go outside tomorrow and do battle with the Corbin seat again. It's gotta fit. I'm sure that is the seat pan they use for ALL R12RTs, right?

We pulled into the Phoenix area at 4 PM local time--- got chilled, but never really too cold-- Thank God for Gerbings!!!

Was great getting together with everyone again-- Death Valley was beautiful as always and this time the wife was along to see it!!!

Till next time---

Crisis at home ( I would'nt call it a crisis but the SWMBO did) so I left my riding partner, Signman, and scooted out early Saturday. I was on the road by 8:00 and the temps were in the low 20's in Pahrump. The air was so crisp and clean that I though if I breathed to hard I would shatter it. Tom did a great job putting together the gathering so many thanks.

The ride up was cold as can be expected with the major pucker area on Friday being around Yucca Valley riding through 2" of snow on the ground and temps in the mid 20's. At least we can say we did it!

Missed you mamma hoon. Get well soon!

I arrived in Pismo just to see the sun
Steve,

You're the only guy I know who would ride 200 miles "the wrong way" on his way home from freezing his butt off in DV, just to see a nice sunset.

I am not worthy . . . thumbsup.gif

AdventurePoser
I arrived in Pismo just to see the sun
Steve,

You're the only guy I know who would ride 200 miles "the wrong way" on his way home from freezing his butt off in DV, just to see a nice sunset.

I am not worthy . . . thumbsup.gif

Yes, but it was a DRY cold... lmao.gif

See you soon, Scott!

Steve

OH. Come on STEVEEEE!! We were riding in 16 degree weather up on Angeles Crest this morning to Newcomb's Ranch. When we left Newcomb's to go east thru the tunnels my computer was flashing a warning that is was close to freezing at 36 degrees. Just kidding man. Don't you just love this SoCal heat wave. NOT!! I am so glad everybody had a great time.

Good to see everyone on Saturday and sorry that we missed a few people but we had a great time. Suffered through the cold ride home in a four wheeled vehicle ( grin.gif); traffic was great. Home safe and sound and see everyone next Sunday!!!

Made it in around 2:00 after a rather "spirited" ride back thru DV and out thru Panimint valley.Clear roads, smile.gif sunshine cool.gif,little traffic thumbsup.gif, NO LEO'S eek.gif,and great company! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Pictures to come wave.gif

ratssssssssssssssss! Todd, did "my" bike run good? Damn, hope so, almost hate reading these posts, but glad everyone had a good time. We WILL be at the next DVD!

Here's our story.

As some may recall, we were in St George, UT, on Thursday morning. It was 40 degrees and dear Tena and I spent quite some time looking in vain for a decent weather forecast.

Neither of us relished more riding in cold weather. (wusses)

So we canceled the Pahrump reservation and headed home. After a windy and cold ride, we spent a night at Mojave. There was ice all over the parking lot on Friday morning, so we stalled a bit and crossed Tehachapi in 28 degree temps. (Who were the riders we passed at the western end of Tehachapi Pass???)

We got home Friday night; it was 37 again. Of course we had turned off the heat in the house....

In retrospect?? We should have stopped in Las Vegas on Thursday night and headed to Pahrump on Friday. Sorry we missed everybody.

Here's our story.

As some may recall, we were in St George, UT, on Thursday morning. It was 40 degrees and dear Tena and I spent quite some time looking in vain for a decent weather forecast.

Neither of us relished more riding in cold weather. (wusses)

So we canceled the Pahrump reservation and headed home. After a windy and cold ride, we spent a night at Mojave. There was ice all over the parking lot on Friday morning, so we stalled a bit and crossed Tehachapi in 28 degree temps. (Who were the riders we passed at the western end of Tehachapi Pass???)

We got home Friday night; it was 37 again. Of course we had turned off the heat in the house....

In retrospect?? We should have stopped in Las Vegas on Thursday night and headed to Pahrump on Friday. Sorry we missed everybody.

The riders you might have passed was possibly us; Richard, Tank, Barry N. and Rob-Crazy_Canuck. I think I saw you.

Jeff and Dave checking in here. Temperature read 17 degrees when we rolled out of the Saddle West parking lot this morning at 6 AM. We were quite warm in the Tahoe since we trailered our bikes. Next year we will ride to DV for sure. Had a great time riding with you folks through Death Valley, especially that short cut from Furnace Creek to Pahrump that Cornelius and Don showed us on Saturday. Those that were in that group know what I'm talking about. Enjoyed meeting a great bunch of folks. On my list for next year, electric socks!

Checking in...Oh yeah, we're still here grin.gif

Great ride today with Tank and Barry up to the crater by Scotty's castle... Still cold. Took Sagerider's place at the Texas Hold-em table tonight and did ok for a change.. clap.gifclap.gif

On the road in the morning for Baja Northfork- a great weekend ....

Thanks Tom and all the folks that made it (Not you Phil) It was a blast!! clap.gifclap.gif

Home!

Kinda cold I noticed...

Amazing group of folks, and a great time!

Big thanks to Tom for all the work, it paid off!!!

It was also great meeting some noobs as well as getting to hang out with some "old" friends.

I'm sorry some folks canceled, but we all had a great time without you...

Checking in...Oh yeah, we're still here grin.gif

Great ride today with Tank and Barry up to the crater by Scotty's castle...

Wondered who that was! I think I saw you three, at the stop sign where the Scotty's Castle road (N Hwy?) butts into 190 east of stovepipe wells. I was the silver RS who waved, heading west.

Well I took the scenic route out of there after stopping at Dante's View. Headed out 190 to 395 in the lee of the Sierras. Then down to Tehachapi (brrr) and on to Paso Robles, pulled in around 7:30. This morning I'm going to do Hwy 1 back to SF and then on to Petaluma. I didn't get the ride I was hoping for on the way down.

It's supposed to be warmer, in the fifties, I think I'll wear my vented gear so I don't get too hot! smile.gif

Full ride tale to follow.

Rolled into the house about 45 minutes ago...well missed the house, but manged to land in the garage without too much damage. Ride home today was cold, but beautiful.

Will post a tale in a bit...Most worthy weekend!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Just got home having never seen temps above freezing on the return trip.

Enjoyed the weekend seeing old friends and meeting new friends.

Toured Dante's View to Badwater with Killer on Saturday then a lone tour on Sunday up to Ubehebe Crater.

Thanks to Tom for the work put into organizing the weekend.

I haven't yet read all the posts to see how Leslie is doing. Hope she's fine...

796323-DVD2007003a.jpg

796323-DVD2007003a.jpg.e08f02fe78e99a11eb477a3c16f4f4c2.jpg

HOME.

@ 1540.

Lori and I had a great time though in some COLD conditions!

Saw my first big horn sheep in the valley. First one I have ever seen in person after 36 years living in CA. She walked right in front of us and up into the hills. She even posed for a few photos.

I'm going to go read some reports before I post my thoughts on the weekend.

It was a great time that's for sure!

AdventurePoser
HOME.

@ 1540.

Lori and I had a great time tough in some COLD conditions!

Saw my first big horn sheep in the valley. First one I have ever seen in person after 36 years living in CA. She walked right in front of us and up into the hills. She even posed for a few photos.

I'm going to go read some reports before I post my thoughts on the weekend.

It was a great time that's for sure!

Tony, it was great riding out with you and the Spouse. Let's do it again sometime soon, hopefully in warmer conditions... lmao.gif

Cheers,

Steve

Saw the wagging tails at 5 pm this eve.

The trip to Pahrump started out cold and I went for slab speed; it got colder when my Gerbing controller went bad as the sun settled over the Baker desert.

I made a fix and arrived at the SW in time to get some of that great $30 banquet buffet Tom made for us grin.gif

Had a great time with great folks. New experiences and Nevada deals (Steak & Lobster $8.50)

Nine hours home through DV and over Walker Pass (bit of annoying ice and gravel/sand.)

Eagerly awaiting next year.

clap.gif

Home @ 1945....

Not sure but I think even Killer got away before we did (noon). At least he checked out just before us.

Good drive home- clear, cool outside, warm inside...

great weekend....We'll order some warmer weather for next year.. clap.gifclap.gif

Thanks to Tom for putting together a great weekend-

Tank- Thanks for the care package.

Barry- hope you are feeling better-

Les- you all healed up yet??

That is all..... dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

I slud into marvelous Marin at 7:00pm and only my knee caps were frozen. Thank God for all of the heated gear. Tank and I left this morning at 8:15 and went out through Trona and 178 down through Lake Isabella. Found ice and gravel on the road at the higher elevations but managed to avoid it.

I never expected such a great/fun weekend, and except for the cold the weather was great! It was a great group of people as usual and if you weren't there you shoulda been.

Mega thank-yous to Tom!

Barry

Well, I've been in for a few hours now... Not that most of you knew I was even there... lmao.gif

I'm glad I drove instead of riding. I'm pretty sure I never would have made it. Too much snow from Cedar City to Mesquite - to the point I was a bit worried in my car. (A bit - I went the speed limit.)

Sorry I missed most of you. And I suppose that Steve will be sad to hear that I brought my Gerbing jacket setup for him to borrow after I read his Widder died... I asked Gleno where you were Sat morning but you'd already headed home apparently...

Anyway, it was good to see those of you I did get to see on Friday night.

(I suppose I'm the only one that went to DVD and didn't even SEE Death Valley. dopeslap.gif )

Sorry I didn't see you again Tom to get that to you. We'll talk. smile.gif

Hi this is a thread hijack of sorts. I applaud you guys and gals for braving those temps over the weekend.. I had planned on coming but after being sick for the last two weeks i succumbed to pansiitis and figured it just wouldnt be prudent. I do have a question for y0ou all though. I just got a one piece roadcrafter to either augment or rep[lace my Darien and when i did a trial run on Saturday could find no way for the heated jacket cable to exit thru the suit. Do you need to make a hole or what? Come out thru the pocket?

Sorry for the late check in, I did make it home okay, a bit cold but okay. I left Sunday morning around 8 and reached home just in time to see the last Charger football game of the year. Man, what a bummer. bncry.gif After the game I wasn’t in any mood to talk or go on line.

This trip was by far the coldest DVD we have ever had, but it was still good to see all (well most) of the usual suspects Friday night. My thanks to Tom for putting it all together, maybe next year we can find a place closer to the equator. cool.gif

Signman,

If I had known that you and Sue were going to be there.....

...."I still would have chickened out".... lmao.giflmao.gif

<Gleno made me say that>

SwamiKaisr thumbsup.gif

Signman,

If I had known that you and Sue were going to be there.....

...."I still would have chickened out".... lmao.giflmao.gif

<Gleno made me say that>

SwamiKaisr thumbsup.gif

That just ain't right!! lmao.gif

You guys have no idea how bummed we are that we couldn't be there, but the one-two punch of Leslie's flu then appendicitis made the decision a LOT easier. I'm just glad it was as obvious as it was (to ME anyway! wink.gif ) before I left for the weekend! eek.gif

I'm still looking for all the beautiful pics, the smiling faces and the bared arms showing off their scars so that I can (continue to) hold my manhood cheap whilst any of you speak! grin.gif

Like this!! lmao.gif

25152532-L.jpg

[aside] Hey, Tom! We rented Olivier's "Henry V" last night in your honor. We've got a bit of time on our hands for the nonce. It was very interesting: the staging, the transitions and the acting, but it really does make one appreciate the talent of the likes of Brannaugh and Jacobi! Maybe we'll rent that one for tonight, but we've still got a few "Cadfael's" to get through! And I hear there's a new "Black Adder V" out on DVD! thumbsup.gif

[/aside]

Thanks again, Tom for all your organizing work and I'm already looking forward to next year! It can't stay this cold EVERY MLK weekend! eek.gif

AdventurePoser

You would have thought we'd run into each other...glad you had a good ride back. Say hi to Sue for us,

Steve and Jennifer in So Cal

I just got a call from Tank and he asked me to put out this information re his attempt to return home to Brookings, OR.

Tank left Modesto, CA this morning and was supposed to have clear sailing all the way home. Unfortunately he hit a snow storm in southern Oregon and managed to ride 20 miles in snow and ice up I-5 to Medford, OR. where he is safely ensconsed in a motel for the night and until the snow melts tomorrow. He said he there was a major pucker factor going on till he made it off the interstate and to the motel. Tank expects to be back home to Brookings,OR tomorrow afternoon if the weather cooperates and he will put up a post when he is safely home. So send some good vibes up his direction!!

Barry

dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Extra helpings of "good vibes" sent!!!
+1. Medford's pretty close though, so knock on wood...

+2. I am hearing a little Beach Boys in the background . . .

Good, Good, Good,

Good Vibratttionnnnnnsssssssss!!!!!

That should help to warm him up a bit, too!!! lmao.gif

+3!! wave.gif

Come safely home, "Tank"!!!

Thanks, Barry for the update! It would be a tragedy of the highest order if our own "Tank" is stranded on the road home! bncry.gif

We'll be waiting with (salmon) ba(i)ted breath until we hear that you're home safe and sound!! thumbsup.gif

That's a rough pass to be trying to ride over in the snow. We'll be thinking of you Tank, and looking forward to hearing of your safe arrival home!

+4 I hope and pray you will have GREAT weather today so you can make it all the way home.

I think I can hear the birds calling your name Tank.

Let us know you made it OK!

Archived