IGNORED

Autocom with ear buds

grizzly660fan

grizzly660fan

I am about to purchase an autocom and am building my shopping list.

I would like to run the autocom sound into my ear buds, I see there is a part number 1187 to help this. I can't tell if I need to get an extra microphone with that or what?

basically I am going to consume the mic and ear speakers for my passenger that come in the kit, so I need a second set up and would like it to be the ear bud set up for me, using the er6's as the speakers.

any autocom guru's out there know about this part?

thanks in advance,

Garry

Rocket_Cowboy

Yup, the 1187 is just the adapter that allows the earbuds. Since I had a spare headset, I just took the mic and headset spider from that spare headset to work with the adapter. Since you're only got the one headset that you'll be using for your passenger, in addition to the 1187 you'll need the 1109 for the mic, and 18 for the wiring loom.

Part 1187 is a lead that plugs in between you helmet (that already has a mic and/or helmet speakers). It has a jack on it that when you plug your ear buds into it the helmet speakers (if present) are disconnected. The mic function passes through the 1187 adapter.

Rocket_Cowboy
Part 1187 is a lead that plugs in between you helmet (that already has a mic and/or helmet speakers). It has a jack on it that when you plug your ear buds into it the helmet speakers (if present) are disconnected. The mic function passes through the 1187 adapter.

This may have changed when they renumbered their parts, but mine doesn't disconnect the speakers at all ... when I plug in earbuds, I still get signal out of the speakers if they're connected. I've since removed them for better ear comfort, but that was how they tested out about 18 months ago.

Rocket_Cowboy
so I have to get another headset and the earbud part?

Not quite. If you just buy the parts I listed above, you'll spend less than a whole headset. Or ... you can buy a whole headset and just not connect the speakers. Either way. The headset consists of three things ... mic, speakers, and wiring loom. When using earbuds, if you want the mic you'll need the wiring loom in order to connect everything together.

Archived