IGNORED

I thought Richard was tuff.

Whip

Whip this sounds like a ride better suited for a snowmobile than a motorcycle. I have a friend who does a cross country/back country snowmobile trip every year but they only go 20 to 40 miles in a day. Riding when its cold with heated gear is one thing but trying to get through roads closed due to avalanches...sounds muy loco to me! To each his own.

Cheers!

I bet Paul would tell me/us I'm crazy for riding across the country on I-10 in the July heat. Bet he's more comfortable where he is now than in 110 degrees with 90% humidity.

I bet Paul would tell me/us I'm crazy for riding across the country on I-10 in the July heat. Bet he's more comfortable where he is now than in 110 degrees with 90% humidity.

I was raised in Arizona and I used to ride my road bicycle in 100 plus degree temps. Of course that was in very low humidity. In any case, I would rather be hot than cold any day. On the way back from the Range of Light Tour it was 118 degrees, that was dang hot but still better than freezing.

Cheers!

NOT

Coast to Coast on I-10 in 50 hours in December......for wimps

Check this guy out...Coast to Coast in Canada......As we speak

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109911&page=19

I got cold just reading about it.

Whip

BTW...I was on some of those roads in August and froze my butt off.

In Richards defence...He made it to DVD!!! grin.gifgrin.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

I have it on good authority, those guys on AdvRider are a bunch of posers!

Don't put too much stock in what they claim. wink.gif

Once I get a GS, I'll give you the real story. grin.gif

This fellow Paul is having quite a trip. Good read and interesting to follow. It appears to be another shared ride adventure like Richard took us on. thumbsup.gif

Paul was once a member here, and has given good advice in the past to people asking for tips on Vancouver Island. He brought up his plan for a cross Canada winter trip on this website over 12 months ago, and the thread died with few replies. I have been following him over on the other board, and it really is a crazy plan, but he is 2/3 of the way across now (in Sault Ste Marie, ON).

Mike Cassidy

I have it on good authority, those guys on AdvRider are a bunch of posers!

Don't put too much stock in what they claim. wink.gif

Once I get a GS, I'll give you the real story. grin.gif

Oh you so funny!

Paul was once a member here, and has given good advice in the past to people asking for tips on Vancouver Island. He brought up his plan for a cross Canada winter trip on this website over 12 months ago, and the thread died with few replies. I have been following him over on the other board, and it really is a crazy plan, but he is 2/3 of the way across now (in Sault Ste Marie, ON).

Mike Cassidy

Hiya Mike! Long time? Hope all's well with you and yours.

Ian

This fellow Paul is having quite a trip. Good read and interesting to follow. thumbsup.gif

Indeed, quite a ride!

It's turning into a monster thread over at the ADV board.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109911

I'd expect the worst weather is yet to come. He's probably in the thick of it today as he goes across Nova Scotia riding his F650 Dakar.

Bruno

Montreal, Canada

Gerbing Cascade Extreme jacket review

:

In case anyone is interested, Paul made it to St John's, Nfld today safe and sound. Here is a picture of his little 650 Dakar beside Bras d'Or Lake on Cape Breton three days ago:

124181557-M.jpg

Mike Cassidy

......and it's seems he has found a void in his life after this acheivement and is returning home, on the bike, across Canada, in the winter.

(not sure which of these to select: thumbsup.gifdopeslap.gifeek.gifclap.giflurker.gif)

Archived