IGNORED

ABS light flashing post drop

kenpok1200

Hi,

I had a driveway drop left side and now the ABS lights are flashing at me. bncry.gif

Does anyone know if there is a reset button for this or do I have to go see the dealer?

Thanks.

Just for clarification you are checking the reservoirs as shown in photo 1 ?

If his bike has the non-EVO setup, the rear reservoir will be a bit smaller and round in shape. A few pics here.

Take the bike to your dealer and have them clear this fault. What happened was your drop allowed the rear wheel to spin and this will cause the computer to show this fault. This not uncommon and I am afriad to mention that is not uncommon for some dealers to sell and install all kinds of sensors or pumps. Probably these guys do this out of ignorance, but have them clear the fault and ride for a while before discussing any other options.

Does anyone know if you reset the ABS on the EVO K1200RS yourself like the ABS1 or2?

Check the battery, low voltage is a prime suspect. Maybe you lost batter fluid when it laid over, quick to check. Dave.

No,

The K1200RS he's referring to is an ABS-II bike and the new diagnostic connector is different than the older K-Bikes and the R1100 Oilheads.

He needs to have the dealer reset it and then keep an eye on the fault lights. I'm pretty sure it is just the wheel speed mismatch that caused the problem.

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived