IGNORED

SIMPLE Power Cable for Garmin 2730

Rusty1945

I'm going to be using my 2730 in both my car and on the bike so I want to just be able to plug into the accessory outlet on my bike. I've looked all over the place and can't find a simple power cable to do this - one with the garmin connector at one end and a powerlet type connector at the other. Yes I know that Powerlet makes one, but it's 60" long - way too long for what I need, plus it has a headphone cable attached which I don't want. I'm so desparate, I've considered ordering the garmin a/c converter and cannibalizing that cable; would only need to connect a compatible plug for the accessory outlet. Anyone got any other suggestions?

I don't have any suggestions on a premade cable. The good news is that it does run off a 12V nominal supply (so it's made to have the 13.7V from the car input). This means that unlike a lot of accessory chargers that have voltage regulation built into the plug, the Garmin cable is just a cord with two plugs on it and it would work fine if you cut the cigar plug off and added a powerlet plug.

Archived