IGNORED

zumos are coming down in price! Where will it stop???

cali_beemer

Well, the price of the zumo came down again today. Now 678 with not tax and free shipping. Another 10 dollar slip. I have been keeping my eye on this. I plan on waiting until no later than the end of Feb to buy one. When will this all stop and the price settle??????

Glad to hear you are lookng at zumo. I love mine!

The price will continue to drop until it reaches a plateau... then you buy, and then it will go down again!

It must be an economic law in there somewhere. (I slept through most of my economics classes in business school....)

dopeslap.gif

Lets_Play_Two

"It must be an economic law in there somewhere."

Its called competition. Lots of sellers out there trying to get your business and the product is now readily available. If you want it really cheap, wait until the next generation unit comes out and the price will go down further. Of course, you could buy it now and get the benefit of what the product has to offer, but maybe that's not worth anything to you. grin.gif

How is this possible! Just saw a Zumo 550 for listed for $350 on Froggle.com

Here: froogle.google.com/froogle?lmode=online&authorid=1497304&cdn=nioujia2008%40yahoo.com.cn&q=&scoring=p

How is this possible! Just saw a Zumo 550 for listed for $350 on Froggle.com

Here: froogle.google.com/froogle?lmode=online&authorid=1497304&cdn=nioujia2008%40yahoo.com.cn&q=&scoring=p

Check the seller's other listings. He is a scam artist. He has all types of high end equipment for very low prices.

If it sounds too good to be true......

OMG, that cant be right. Is it stolen? They claim that its new.

lmao.giflmao.gif That was funny to me for some reason smirk.gif

I've been thinking about a Zumo myself I like em in picture anyway, the 450.

Check the seller's other listings. He is a scam artist. He has all types of high end equipment for very low prices.

He's not even that much of an artist. He's got some lower end stuff in there for way over MSRP!

I replied to the add just to see what the deal is. Sounds either like a scam or not what you will want. Below is the reply that I got. Definately has the smell of a scam. I will pass on trying to buy it.

Yes, is new

Yes, I have my store in China, I am the international business agent, I have well cheaper

come the goods channel, we are cheaper, please believed, is new, you may use

Because has not bid the place, you also may directly pay money I,after I receive the money

to deliver item to arrive you immediately,the always price is $350, includes shipping, I use

the UPS.3-5 day you to be allowed to receive item, payment via western union money transfer

or bank money transfer

MY information is following:

Full Name:LIZECHANG(first name is: zechang,last name is: li,by international writing)

Primary Email:nioujia2008@yahoo.com.cn

My address:

street:No. 3 Line 10 zhenling street HuangPuQu

city: shanghai

zip:200021

My transfer account:

My bank address: BANK OF CHINA

SHANG HAI BR.

200MID YINCHENG ROAD,PUDONG AREA

SHANG HAI CHINA

SWIFT ADDRESS:BKCHCNBJ300

MY ACCOUNTS NAME IS:Li ze chang

(My first name is Li, My last name is zechang).

My accounts is :4038004-0188-014916-4

please send your full name and the detailed address contain the phone # for

the shipment,thanks a lot!

look forward more business with you!

please never hesitate to let me know what is your further or other questions!

take care!

and the best wish to you and your family!

your sincere chinese friend

zechang

I am China's business agents, I have the authorized certificate, if you receive item

disapproval or have the damage, (be please prompt and I contacts with) me to be allowed to

return your complete money, this is company's stipulation, thanks,

We have the specialty engineer and the packing troop, I thought cannot appear the damage the

question

payment via western union money transfer or bank money transfer

Tis a scam my friend. Scammers will only use this type of payment as it cannot be refunded once you realize you've been fu.... screwed.

Thats not to say that people that only accept those payment option are scammers, but given the circumstances, I would bet this guy is a scammer.

AdventurePoser

I don't know how low the prices will drop, but I just got an email from AutoCom stating they have a new harness for the Zumo which will end the compatibility problems between the XM and Autocom.

Should be out in two weeks, according to the AutoCom tech who emailed me.

Steve in So Cal

• 2 weeks later...
The price will continue to drop until it reaches a plateau... then you buy, and then it will go down again!

It must be an economic law in there somewhere. (I slept through most of my economics classes in business school....)

dopeslap.gif

Ummm, think that would be Murphy's Law or possibly one of the many corollaries. Gets me every time I buy/sell stock! dopeslap.gif

MY information is following:

Full Name:LIZECHANG(first name is: zechang,last name is: li,by international writing)

Primary Email:nioujia2008@yahoo.com.cn

I have a friend in Nigeria (at least I think he's my friend because he always offers me these fantastic money making deals grin.gif).

Well, I'm sure he'll want to take advantage of the great buy on the zumo from Mr. Zechang, so I'm going to forward Mr. Zechang's email address to him. I'll connect him up with a bunch of other people I know would be interested too. grin.gifwink.gif

659 at Compuless. Forrogle it. I am now getting very tempted. Free freight and no tax.
lmao.gif

I'm not sure where to start. smile.gif

Compuless.com is an interesting site... if you can read Polish.

I'm guessing you haven't read this thread for a couple days. The link to compuplus.com that I posted when the price dropped to $659.99 is still valid a couple posts up from here if you don't want to bother going through Froogle.

I'll probably wait until I have some semblance of riding weather before buying one, but the trend is a positive one. smile.gif

Back to the original question...

When will this all stop and the price settle??????

It'll settle for a while and then the next generation (either a higher end model, or replacement) model will be release and prices again will drop. Once the model becomes obsolete you'll find the absolute lowest prices on eBay and various outlet stores. Costco and/or Sam's Club typically get models just before they become obsolete.

My philosophy has become one of "Buy if you need it, but wait if it isn't needed".

Archived