IGNORED

brake change

paintman

Is the changing of the rear break pads as straight forward as I think? I have done disc brakes on cars numerous times so I am tempted to do my own on my '00 R1100RT. My only concern is the ABS. Comments or warnings? Thanks!

Is the changing of the rear break pads as straight forward as I think? I have done disc brakes on cars numerous times so I am tempted to do my own on my '00 R1100RT. My only concern is the ABS. Comments or warnings? Thanks!

It is a straightforward job - details of how to do it can be found in the IBMWR Oilhead Maintenance Manual.

Andy

russell_bynum
Thanks,

Printed the pages and saved the website. I now have a quick project for the weekend.

Yeah, Andy's right. It's really no different than changing the pads on a non-ABS bike.

While you're in there, if it's been more than a year or so, it might be a good idea to bleed/flush the system with some fresh (i.e. a brand new bottle that has never been opened) DOT 4.

Going to do mine this weekend, got a full set of front and rear for €103.00 incl delivery from ebcbrakesdirect.com, called my local dealer this morning €68 per pair. saved €101

Replaced the Front and rear pads this morning, was a lot easier then I thought once you have the correct tools, the pads were not as badly worn as I initially thought but I change them anyway, the outer pad on both sides (front) seemed to have more wear than the inner pad!

Archived