IGNORED

Garmin Customer Service

radark1

I just want relate my recent experience with Garmin's customer Service. I have a Streetpilot C340 with the suction cup window mount....that I switch out between my car and my bike. Well, over the course of the past three weeks...it has been suctioned to my windshield on the car.

When I tried to remove it....it wouldn't come off.....I had to literally pry it off....and the rubber suction cup tore where it was stuck to the windshield. I ultimately had to scrape the dried up rubber off the windshield with a razorblade.

So obviously the mount is now useless. I called up Garmin's 800#, spoke to the gentelman and explained what happened....and he, with no further questions asked, said...."I'll have a new mount in the mail to you tomorrow....you should recieve it in two days."

I have been a big Garmin fan all along...but this just made me one for life. I hope that if any of you have problems with Garmin products.... you all have similar experiences.....excellent customer service!

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

+1, thumbsup.gif

Nothing but the best from Garmin Customer service. I have bought at least 8 of their units, my first one in 1991 was an aviation unit the AVD-100. Now I have the 276C for my Car and Motorcycle and a brand-new 60CSx--with the new Sirf III receciver. I can even lock to satellites inside the house with the new one.

+2 on Garmin customer service. I needed a new motorcycle cradle for my Quest as the contacts on my original one corroded. They didn't have just the cradle in stock so they sent me a whole new motorcycle kit for half off. thumbsup.gif

Count me in too. They are fixing my Nav II at no charge as we speak and it is out of warranty. clap.gif This is the second time they have gone above and beyong for me. clap.gifclap.gif

I bought a 276c in March and being electronically challenged I didn't start using it till December.I called Garmin w/dumb questions which they answered and then offered and mailed the new V8 update disc at no charge (I had v7) Nice touch!

Am I doing something wrong? I just contacted Tech support via e-mail RE: Streetpilot 2610 and the screen bubbling up. The reply I got was, "We can fix it (overhaul) for $225." I thought I remembered other folks having this problem and getting it fix at no charge so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Advice?

TIA,

Kirsten

................. so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

======================================================

Yeah, me too (2620), same problem, same repair price. It seems to be a common problem, therefore one could argue Garmin should do a recall on these units, Free of Charge for repair and shipping, -- like they care.

Guess I am not a happy customer of theirs.

Jurgen

Yes you are! Call 'em. Don't draw any conclusion from a stupid email response!!!!! Garmin has been absolutely fantastic about a couple of issues I had, one of which was totally my fault.

Officer_Impersonator

Count me in as a satisfied Garmin customer.

I lost a knurled nut that attached the GPS mount to my motorcycle and my kayak. I called Garmin to order a replacement part and they sent me the entire mount - baseplate, articulating arm, cradle that attaches to the GPS unit - everything but the GPS itself. List price for the entire mount is $30.00. The person I spoke to at Garmin actually spoke English and worked at Garmin's headquarters in Olathe, Kansas - not in Bangladesh or the Phillipines. I found that just as impressive as the quality of the customer service received.

Why would you buy any other brand of GPS? I'm a customer for life!

Yep - this is the advice I've received from a sage old... blush.gif um, I mean experienced GPSer grin.gif

Will call and see it that helps.

THANKS thumbsup.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Yes you are! Call 'em. Don't draw any conclusion from a stupid email response!!!!! Garmin has been absolutely fantastic about a couple of issues I had, one of which was totally my fault.

That's been exactly my experience to. I know I am late to this Garmin love-in, but I tried to put a new 2 GB CF card in my 2610. Upon doing so I tried to put it in BACKWARDS (I know, nobody here is surprised...lol). I called them with my hat in hand and explained to them that I had bent the pins in the ports and that I would gladly pay for the repair. Their response? "Just ship it to us. We will take of it with no charge" WHA???? eek.gif

The only thing it cost me was 8 bucks in shipping. I can't tell you how surprised I was at the outcome of this event. Garmin service just ROCKS!

Shawn

I tried to put a new 2 GB CF card in my 2610. Upon doing so I tried to put it in BACKWARDS (I know, nobody here is surprised...lol). I called them with my hat in hand and explained to them that I had bent the pins in the ports and that I would gladly pay for the repair. Their response? "Just ship it to us. We will take of it with no charge"

Did the same thing. I know I'm smart so it couldn't be our fault. dopeslap.giflmao.gifwave.gif

Another +1 here.

Couple months back my secondhand, 6yr old (which they knew) Nav I stopped reading memory cards. I even told em I'd opened it up (both by email and by enlosed letter detailing the fault when I sent it in for repair)

They promised a call before doing any repairs so I could authorise the costs. A week later, no call..... bncry.gif

But I did have a lovely package turn up on my desk in work containing my fully repaired unit at no charge clap.gif

Garmin customer for life here! Just wish they did the 276c with an European basemap...

Archived