motorman587

Responded to this yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Originally published January 11, 2007

Local briefs

Post Comment

Print Email to a friend Subscribe

Woman runs into motorcyclist:

A 77-year-old woman was taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital on Wednesday morning after she hit a motorcyclist leaving her driveway, said Lt. Glenn Sapp of the Tallahassee Police Department. The crash occurred at 9 a.m. when the woman said she was blinded by the sun and couldn't see the 64-year-old motorcyclist.

I hope the picture is not to small. The rider got hit on the right side and the motor went down on the right side. The last I heard the rider was ok, with some bumps, little road rash.

794248-DSC02329.JPG.077c6ce6fc52c88792db85b11d91ee92.JPG

My riding buddy had the same thing happen to him. Broken bones in his right foot there it got caught between the bike and the bumper of the the car. 17 year old with no insurance driving his girlfriends car.

Hope the rider is ok.

Well, first off I hope they give her a vision and driving test.

I am willing to bet that she was reversing out of her driveway eek.gif!!!!

When we lived in IL, we had a long straight driveway that faced East (morning sun!!!) with trees along one side and so I got Deb in the habit of reversing UP the drive into the garage. This way she was better able to see any traffic coming up the street. Even so, why don't folks just STOP for a few seconds at the end of their drive BEFORE entering the street, especially if they are reversing and their view is obscured for ANY reason confused.gifconfused.gif. Bah!

Even so, why don't folks just STOP for a few seconds at the end of their drive BEFORE entering the street, especially if they are reversing and their view is obscured for ANY reason confused.gifconfused.gif.

Or, creep slowly out a little at a time until a clear view is established. That would be the common sense thing to do.

Well, first off I hope they give her a vision and driving test.
Remember, Philby. John's from Florida, where they give out drivers' licenses in Cracker Jacks boxes and they're good for life. tongue.gif

How do you miss a HUGE RED Goldwing, fer cryin' out loud?? eek.gif

It reminds me of that Jerry Seinfeld sketch:

So, I'm supposed to go to Florida next week after we're done here.

That's where my older relatives live. I don't really wanna go.

Florida...

A lot of old people down there.

You know, they live in those minimum security prisons.

That's where they put all the old people.

What's with all the security there? With the guard gate, with that arm coming down, the guy's got a uniform, guns...

Are the old people trying to escape? Or, are people stealing old people?

What is the security problem?

I just can't drive around there. You know how these old people drive...

They drive slow, they sit low. That is their motto.

The state flag of Florida should be just a steering wheel with a hat and two knuckles on it.

And they left that turn signal on since they left the house that morning.

That's a legal turn in Florida. It's known as an eventual left.

You can signal this week, turn any following year of your life.

What is that age that old people reach when they decide when they back out of their driveway, they're not looking anymore.

You know how they do that? They just go:

"Well, I'm old and I'm coming back."

"I survived. Let's see if you can."

It would be funnier if it weren't so true. crazy.gif

Responded to this yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Originally published January 11, 2007

Local briefs

Post Comment

Print Email to a friend Subscribe

Woman runs into motorcyclist:

A 77-year-old woman was taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital on Wednesday morning after she hit a motorcyclist leaving her driveway, said Lt. Glenn Sapp of the Tallahassee Police Department. The crash occurred at 9 a.m. when the woman said she was blinded by the sun and couldn't see the 64-year-old motorcyclist.

I hope the picture is not to small. The rider got hit on the right side and the motor went down on the right side. The last I heard the rider was ok, with some bumps, little road rash.

Seems like the local news outlet could use a English Major to proofread their stories. I am pretty sure the motorcycle was not leaving her driveway. dopeslap.gif

Seems like the local news outlet could use a English Major to proofread their stories.

The "Mullet Wrapper" as we refer to it, has a long history of being below par in everyway.

I found out this morning that the gentleman only had a bruised lung. Yup, I know she is at fault, but my real reason to post this was for us to think, that if you have the right of way, which if you believe that your right is your god given right and that all people yield to your right, then have you ever heard of being, "dead" right.

What could he had done to avoid this crash??? Slow down, braking, moved to inside of the lane, etc.......... and maybe he did all this.

Just making you think.

Ahhhh Yes!

Alas, so true frown.gif. The State of Florida aka "God's waiting room...... eek.gif"

ooo.gif ......... lmao.gif

That would be South Florida.

I guess you should stop by the hospital to tell the guy to put loud pipes on his next goldwing lmao.gif

I'm glad he's O.K.! I had a guy who wanted to keep his amputated leg after a woman pulled out in front of him this year. What a conversation starter!

So is that your leg in that glass container of formalin dopeslap.gif

This is the reason fighter planes would attack out of the sun.

Good reminder that the sun's placement in the firmament may be ideal for cloaking our klingonian presence.

Not so good if the other vehicle really doesn't see you, like in this case.

Am I the only one concerned that the motorcyclist got second billing in this article??

Seems like the reporter was more concerned about the ol' lady in the cage, and not the poor schlep on the more vulnerable bike.

Archived