IGNORED

First generation Savanna pants

greer

I'm considering buying a used pair sight unseen. I am not familiar with BMW clothes at all. Can anybody tell me the difference between these and the current Savanna 2 pants? Will I scorch in the summer? I've pestered Fernando with a pm but thought I'd ask everybody else too. Thanks.

Sarah

I have the Savanna 2 pants and have seen the originals. I'm sure someone will correct me but they are not all that much different.

The Savanna 2 has pads on the inside knee portion to protect the bike and a zipper vent on each leg at the top of the thigh - I really don't think it does much good because it closes when seated anyway.

Any pant worthy of its protection is going to be somewhat warm, especially in the Summer months. I also have the Airflow suit and the pants though somewhat lighter feel just as warm.

In my opinion, the BMW clothing is excellent though somewhat costly - it holds up well, easily cleaned and comfortable.

99Roadster,

Thank you very much for the reply. I'm thinking I might give them a go if it looks like they'll fit. I've got to do some measuring. Thanks again.

Sarah

Archived