IGNORED

50 CC Cheerleaders needed

BeniciaRT_GT

I had to heavily sedate myself last night just so I could get some sleep! grin.gif

Congrats again on such a magnificant ride done in such supreme style! thumbsup.gif

We had a few offers to meet up in JAX when we did ours a few years ago but we arrived in the wee hours of an Easter Sunday morning and I didn't want to impose. We also didn't have any easy way of calling from the bikes and we were running out of time. But after seing all of this outpouring of support from the JAX crew I'm even more regretting that I didn't at least run it up the flag pole and had a chance to meet a few of you! frown.gif

Thanks for coming out to "catch" that crazy guy!! You guys are AMAZING!! wave.gif

Richard, you're just the BEST!!! clap.gif

But I guess now I'm going to have to be a LOT nicer to you . . .

. . . or maybe NOT!! lmao.gif

Congratulations Ricard!!! I'm proud to call myself a friend of yours, & happy to have you in my home. I don't care what Phil(1bmwfan) says, you're good people. thumbsup.gif

I'll add to Roadscholars photos;

Final time stamp

116798541-M.jpg

Having his papers signed off at Jax Bch firehouse

116798743-M.jpg

Going for his Right Coast silt, L to R, Richard, Bill, Matt

116799140-M.jpg

Atta boy Richard. You've officially launched yourself out of mediocrity. ricky.gif

Whhoooohoooo! clap.gif I tried to have my 10yo daughter call before she went to bed. Can you imagine the impact of some little girl's voice that you don't know piercing your exhausted brain? eek.gif There's a quicker picker upper! (Even she stayed up late to see the progress.) But you folks must've been burnin' up the cell towers for his approach. Couldn't get through.

As has been said, you folks are amazing. What support.

Can you imagine the t-shirt?

"I rode cross-country in 44 hours and all I got was some dirt and water..........and a whole buncha new friends." thumbsup.gif

Great photos! Thanks for sharing the finish with us.

I see from the pictures that my weather report was on the money....too bad.

Glad I have learned from this site that a 50cc is NOT a really long ride on a 50cc bike. lmao.gif

I also see why talking with you enroute sounded like you were in the room......lot's of electrons in motion.

Look forward to lunch in Georgia if possible. thumbsup.gif

Ok, who's next? I think we got this "Ride Share" thing figured out. eek.gif

Congrats Richard. And it makes me want to do one of these rides myself. Just remind me to up the minutes on my phone for that month.

EXCELLENT!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

...he's the only person I know with a wife in CA and a "Huzband" in FL. lmao.giflmao.gif

And a "Whipping" boy in Texas. lmao.gif

I may be a little slow sometimes, but I'm reliable.

Congrats on the ride! Well done! Wish I could have ridden up for breakfast.

Now you got 19 whole days to get the other three corners of the US. Go for it!

Lone_RT_rider
Now git yer fanny perpendicular up here to Atlanta and we'll throw yet another party cool.gif

ATL this weekend?....If this happens....I'm IN!

I feel fortunate to have partaken in this moto-reality show, it was like a good novel unfolding in real time, and to witness the ending was special indeed.

What can you say about Richard? He is an ambassador of the highest caliber, truly a great guy. After two straight days in the saddle he happily entertained us with his compressed adventure and exemplified the gentleman that he is.

This is a very nice community and this tale simply proves it. Thanks Richard, you are the Man.

Anyone recognize the brand/manufacturer riding suit Richard is wearing? Sure seems to show up ( as in reflects well) in the dark!

The suit looks like a Fieldsheer Highlander. We stock these in the winter as they're pretty much a feature-for-feature copy of the Aerostich Roadcrafter, although not the same quality. Still, for $300+ it's a very good, warm, 1-pc winter suit.

Congrats, Richard. You've taken the ride that so many of us hope to some day. For some, it's been living vicariously through you. For others, you've lit the fire. I predict a few extra CC50 rides this spring courtesy of your adventure.

Steel balls, indeed!

I'd like to put some names to the faces here. Bill "roadscholar" sent a few of us his pictures to post, but StretchMark beat me to it early this morning as I was fast asleep! grin.gif

116793464-M.jpg

Left to right: Matt "Matts_VSTROM", Richard "BeniciaRT_GT", "Bernie", and Danny "Huzband".

I guess Bill "roadscholar" took the pic so he's not in it. Also missing are "Calvin E", Jim Moore, and "PRC"! frown.gif

I wanna see pics of the party, too!! clap.gif

If this doesn't end up in a "Ride That Last" soon I'm gonna post one word to it every day for all of 2007 so I make my own "Ride Tale That Lasts"

Do ya think that would get Philly off his a$%..... lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

The ole "stable" is starting to come together.

116842716-M.jpg

Hmmm, as long as he's sleeping, if I paint his Red, & mine Silver, maybe, just mayyybeee...

Pssst, just put popcorn in his exhaust pipe!!! He loves that! TRUST ME!! thumbsup.giflmao.gifwave.gif

Again, Richard you were awesome!! The credit is yours. I truly wish that I could have found a way to go with you when you brought it up! I know that I missed out on something VERY special. But then again, in many ways, it appeared that we were all right there with you.

Thanks for the ride. REALLY looking forward to your post ride tale.

Maybe you could list every person that called you!? Either that or the page form your cell bill. Couple hundred calls I am sure.

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go kick Huzband for me!

"COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go kick Huzband for me!"

______________________________________________________________________________________

Better yet.........."Huzband" kick Richard for me.lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

116793491-M.jpg

How many fuses litter the highways between California and Florida? grin.gif And who in their right mind would ride a motorcycle with all that...............stuff. Sheesh, wouldn't it have been easier to take the car. lmao.gif

P.S. Richard, if you could pass the name of the individual who so expertly wired all that stuff to me, I would really appreciate it! tongue.gif I might need his services shortly!

Well done my friend!

Congratulations Richard!! According to the comments on the board and the final pictures of your arrival, you sounded a lot better than you looked!! lmao.giflmao.gif

Tried to call you a couple of times but with all the electrons flying, was not successful.. One question!! with all that farkleism going on in the tankbag, did you have APRS wired up for tracking purposes?? If not, we should have set you up on the trip down to San Diego.

Ah well, We'll do it on the next one clap.gifclap.gif

Congratulations again!

______________________________________________________________________________________

Better yet.........."Huzband" kick Richard for me.lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

We had a nice evening and dinner with Richard and Jim Moore showed up too.

Richard's slightly disoriented, but it is just a mild case of jet-lag. grin.gif It's just now sinking in what he's accomplished and he feels terrific, rightly so.

Glad to spend a nice night at The Cork & Keg with Matt. Wish you were all here with us

Danny

PS... this is Matt since he couldn't remember his log in......

116793491-M.jpg

P.S. Richard, if you could pass the name of the individual who so expertly wired all that stuff to me, I would really appreciate it! tongue.gif I might need his services shortly!

Richard did that himself!!!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

He and I just set my bag up a couple weeks back. I will, SOON, get the tale up to show you what we did to the ST tank bag. I have, unfotuantely, been absolutely ball and chained to work of late and haven't had the time to get the bag finish work done and create the post.

Oh, and Richard is ALWAYS disoriented. Don't let him fool ya!!!

Everyone duly kicked. What the hell?

What did I do? confused.gif

My shins hurt!

He can cry about his shins...but my butt already hurt, and some jackass kicked me right in the butt!!!

What the ...

Anyway, I'm giving up for the evening, and off to Ga. tom.

Thanks again to everyone!!!! (Except Phil and Whip blush.gif)

He can cry about his shins...but my butt already hurt, and some jackass kicked me right in the butt!!!

What the ...

I'd be careful trying to make your way back into the state!!!! Border Patrol has been alerted!!!

Ha, ha!! Your as screwed as Killer now! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Quote:

I guess Bill "roadscholar" took the pic so he's not in it. Also missing are "Calvin E", Jim Moore, and "PRC"! frown.gif

No, no pics of me. I have to remain a mythical figure. Besides, now that all the "hooplah" about Big Foot has died down, maybe I can be just as big of a legend! Humm, new episode, "In Search of .. a pic of PRC," Oh Mr. Nimoy... lmao.gif

What the ...

I'd be careful trying to make your way back into the state!!!! Border Patrol has been alerted!!!

I wouldn't be looking for any calendars in the near future.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

What the ...

I wouldn't be looking for any calendars in the near future.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

(Best Monty Python French Castle Guard)

I told 'im I already got one!!!

Now, go away before I fart in your general direction!!

OK when you get a chance richard could you give me a run down on what all is in that tank bag, I just got to know.

Grandpa had a saying about 10 pounds o s**t in a 5 pound sack, looks like it might apply, lmao.gif

Really i would like too know !

and also congrats on the ride, it has inspired me and I am sure many others.

Thanks Spikester

spikester:

I did take pictures as I made this thing a while back, and it is on my list of "things to do" to make a ride tale about it, along with other ride tales I've never written!!! blush.gif

My plan is that after Jan. I hope to be able to give this place more time; as it deserves...

For the near future to answer your question: everything but a sink!!!(Autocom, ham radio, Gerbing controlers, fuse block, noise filter, radar detector and its remote control, xm antenae, 3 cig. outlet adaptor...) The only thing not in there, or on there, yet, is the GPS. I can take the entire bag off in about 30 seconds, and not leave anything on the bike...

And, so as not to make this a true hijack:

I just packed up, after a nice 8 hour sleep, to head out to GA.

Thanks again to you incredible people, and I can't wait to put my feelings to "pen" about this trip!!!

See you all soon I hope, except you Phil!!!

Richard,

Great pleasure to meet you yesterday!

I hope that you feel as bad as I do after all that wine that me you and huzband drank! thumbsup.gifcrazy.gif

Rocket_Cowboy

You guys are too cool! Congrats on the ride Richard! I've done that ride myself. I remember pulling into San Diego at something like 10pm, feet not working real well and not wanting to hold the bike upright since they had been on those pegs for 40 some off hours. When I did the ride again this year, having someone to talk to made all the difference in getting through the trip. What a great community!

I've done that ride myself. I remember pulling into San Diego at something like 10pm . . . .

When I did the ride again this year . . . .

Funny, I don't remember getting a call! bncry.gifsmirk.gif

Archived