IGNORED

Dippin' in the Blue RIdge

Laney

Heading north on Highway 75, I suddenly heard a voice in my head saying, “look at that bunch of cruisers up there – let’s go have ‘em for breakfast!” Then I realized that voice wasn’t in my head, it was in my helmet. Finally, the stupid FRS was working. That was Kathy, and what to do, but have them? And they made it soooooo easy. Bring the RTs up to 100+ for a minute, and after turning them into specks in our mirrors, they were long gone.

A few minutes later, I hear Moooon-ky, Moooooooon-ky, from the cows by the side of the road. Guess these Tennessee cows got warned about that Monkey. You should’ve seen the poppies in the middle of the highway along 75 – tall and bright and all sorts of colors, waving us on our way.

What roads. What views. What green. What beauty. We took wrong turns. Twice. We were still happy. It was still one of the most wonderful days. It was still beautiful, and everyone we talked to was still, fun, friendly, and part of the adventure.

At lunch in Alcoa, we entertained the locals, and started a new trend – wore our boots with shorts into the restaurant. It was a divided reaction, half smiles, half stares. I think we really impressed them with our fashion sense. smile.gif After lunch, we get the last wrong turn straightened out, and we’re finally really on our way to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

We rode, and rode, and rode. Past farms, cows, goats, green, hills, trees, and lots of cruisers. Such slow things.

Tennessee and North Carolina have been non-stop beautiful. On the way to the Blue Ridge Parkway was almost as pretty as the road itself, especially that last stretch of 441. There was water on either side of the road at times, and we finally stopped and got our feet wet in the cold water under a canopy of lush trees. It was a major moment of giggles, and now we’re both on constant lookout for more shady places to get our feet wet. wink.gif

We’re on to the beach in North Carolina today, and it’s time to get going.

See you at the next stop.

( HI everyone….PB here………Yeah, I can sign on as me, but I don’t have to tongue.gif…..

…….these RT’s are the most fun two girls can have on two wheels….

I cannot tell you how wonderful the dip in the water was. Our feet were cold for the next 30 miles. There is nothing like it. Next time you see a mountain stream, try it! I am overwhelmed with the “GREENESS” of this country. The wildflowers alongside the road, the smell of pine, the glance to your side at any given moment…..to see gorgeous tree covered mountaintops with clouds drifting by……..I think I am going home…Yeah, I’ll go home…..we can’t wait to introduce Laney to the Crew and then ….more adventures begin wink.gif Now, we are off to camp on a beach……….WhooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Moooon-ky…..cut it out!

PB

I TOLD you the southern end of the BRP was not to be missed. Now maybe you'll start listening to me. (Not likely!)

Glad you are having fun.

I don't know which beach you'll be going to, but I would recommend Ocean Isle, NC, straight east of you. One of the beauties, IMO.

Glad you are having fun...

Laney and Kathy, you're the sho' nuff bomb. Sounds like you're having the adventure we all want. I loved that, "let's have em for lunch." I hope you won't be saying that when you see me on the road. Of course you could pass me up and spit me out, but then my little feelings would be hurt. smile.gif B' Safe we're kinda protective of our women folks. tongue.gif

The lush green of the southeast is a definite contrast for western folks. What a great country we live in.

I have the same stares when I am out west. The vastness and openeness are things I am not use to.

Sounds like y'all are having fun. Keep safe.

• 3 weeks later...

In reply to:

HUBBAHUBBA

Why, Gleno is referring to our brains..ofcourse !!

(I'm going to personally stuff a bag of marshmellows down your throat McIntosh! laugh.gif ) wink.gif

Why, Gleno is referring to our brains..of course !!

color=blue> Kath -- speaking strictly for myself, at my age I'm completely happy being recognized for other than my brains! smile.gifsmile.gif

Archived