IGNORED

Riding mantras

GelStra

milesandmiles

*In traffic, downshift to gear that makes escape possible.

*Always have a way out.

*If the enemy's in range, so are you---oops, wrong thread.

Make sure you check to see if the seat is down before you sit, not after......Oh wait that's what I told my wife after a little incident at the house this morning grin.gif

If you have never crashed you will never learn to go faster... which only applies to dirt racing when you are under 20 years old and can still heal fast tongue.gif

The throttle is as important to safe riding as brakes are and sometimes more throttle is the best solution.

This mostly relates to being in traffic.

RIDE BIG. Sit tall in the saddle. MYRP and Peter Egan's "alert airdale position" emphasize this. Ride with authority and be a commanding presence on the road. Positive body language is visible to and will have an effect on cagers nearby. Motor officers do it. And with ATTGAT, you're already showing responsibilty and awareness, use it to your advantage to complete the package.

milesandmiles

roadscholar hit one very big nail on the head. One factor in my choice of rides is the tall, upright seat position and the "command presence" factor. I've ridden the low riders and I feel inconsequential and diminutive, like someone can run me over and not even notice. Of course, they can still hit me in the wing or the beem, but at least I'll leave a mark. thumbsup.gif

Rules to stay alive.

Next?

From my flying days...

Learn from the mistakes of others because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

The secret...

Judgement and awareness; you either have them or you don't.

32 years of driving & riding. 31 years accident and insurance claim free. thumbsup.gif

This isn't necessarily my mantra, but Kevin Schwantz once said "don't break until you see God". Always thought that was kinda cool.

Okay....since the edit button has long been gone, I'm going to try this one more time.......................................

drum roll please..................

"Don't BRAKE until you see God".........

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Okay, Kevin; now it's fixed.

Archived