IGNORED

Olympia Motorsports Bushwacker Jacket...Opinions?

Crazy_Canuck

Does anyone have any experience with a Olympia Motorsports Bushwacker Jacket?

I live in a warmer climate and think a mesh jacket is the way to go.

I have the Bushwhacker Jacket and pants set and it's absolutely AWESOME! Rode home from Roanoke yesterday in four hours of continuous rain -- at times terrential -- and stayed dried to the bone. Additionally, taking the waterproof liner out -- which is a good windbreaker by itself -- makes the coat very "breathable" as it sounds like you want.

They are very reasonable when compared to the Aero clothing, and my buddies Aerostitch jacket yesterday leaked!!!

I have the Bushwhacker Jacket and pants set and it's absolutely AWESOME! Rode home from Roanoke yesterday in four hours of continuous rain -- at times terrential -- and stayed dried to the bone. Additionally, taking the waterproof liner out -- which is a good windbreaker by itself -- makes the coat very "breathable" as it sounds like you want.

They are very reasonable when compared to the Aero clothing, and my buddies Aerostitch jacket yesterday leaked!!!

Thanks for the info!! thumbsup.gif

I have the bushwacker 3/4 length jacket and love it! Liner out, perfect for warm days, liner in with a sweatshirt, 25 degrees in Torrey, no problem. I must confess to having a little built in insulation though! grin.gif

Does anyone have any experience with a Olympia Motorsports Bushwacker Jacket?

Yes - love it! Only "issues" are very minor:

IMO there's too much velcro. Not just this jacket but ALL the gear seems to use too much of this stuff. Found a wayward glove in the office - it had hitched a ride on my computer bag... tongue.gif

Main front pockets are a bit small for my liking...

I live in a warmer climate and think a mesh jacket is the way to go.

Yup! I carry the liners in a side bag.

I have the bushwhacker and found a problem with it driving back from Atlanta last saturday. I cross a really nasty cold front with about an hour of hard rain. I had the waterproof liner in the jacket before the rain started. The rain was so hard that water got in between the jacket and the liner and ran down into my gloves. Bad news was it was 75 degrees on the warm side of the front and 45 degrees on the back side. Wet gloves was a real problem when it got that cold. In hind site I should have put the Fogg toggs over the jacket had I known the rain was would be that heavy.

Also the bushwhacker does not come in tall sizes.

Alan

Anyone know what the difference is between the bushwacker and the AST? Because they both look very similar....just wonderin'

I have seen both at my local BMW dealer (2 hours away eek.gif) The Bushwacker is a mesh jacket and the AST is not.

I hope that answers your question.

I have the bushwhacker and found a problem with it driving back from Atlanta last saturday. I cross a really nasty cold front with about an hour of hard rain. I had the waterproof liner in the jacket before the rain started. The rain was so hard that water got in between the jacket and the liner and ran down into my gloves. Bad news was it was 75 degrees on the warm side of the front and 45 degrees on the back side. Wet gloves was a real problem when it got that cold. In hind site I should have put the Fogg toggs over the jacket had I known the rain was would be that heavy.

Alan

As with any jacket with a waterproof liner, to keep the water from running down into your gloves, you need to make sure that the sleeve of the liner runs OVER your glove gauntlet.

Rob, call me to verify that we have your size in stock (sold quite a few this past weekend, so we may be sold out of one or two sizes until we restock). If we have your size, you can come down and take the jacket for a test ride. Normally, dealers don't do this, but I think it would help you make up your mind, so I'll make it happen for ya.

Rob, call me to verify that we have your size in stock (sold quite a few this past weekend, so we may be sold out of one or two sizes until we restock). If we have your size, you can come down and take the jacket for a test ride. Normally, dealers don't do this, but I think it would help you make up your mind, so I'll make it happen for ya.

Thanks I might do that but I dont know where you are located? Can you PM me on your location?

Thanks

Alan

As with any jacket with a waterproof liner, to keep the water from running down into your gloves, you need to make sure that the sleeve of the liner runs OVER your glove gauntlet.

I should have thought of that! I like the bushwhacker and this was the only problem I have encountered with the jacket.

Alan

I bought the Olympia Air Glide 2 jacket and pants in July of this year and love them. I am 6'1" and around 215 lbs. I have long legs and arms and love the fit of both the jacket and pants.

During the El Paseo in October, the snap on the jacket for the tab at the front of the waste band pulled out. I called them, shipped the jacket to them, and just today received the jacket back. It's as good as new. I can't even tell they installed a new snap.

Archived